Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rhett: 7 Months

Photobucket

He's done it. Gone and turned another month older. And I have gone and gotten behind in posting his monthly updates. At least I am consistently tardy.

 Photobucket

This sweet babe is in a hurry to be big. He loves to eat table food and when we are dining as a family he knows the difference between our food and his. And he prefers the real deal, none of this puree stuff. He doesn't really give you the option of not sharing, he has eagle eyes and a far reach. 

We have started enjoying the season's watermelon and he is in love! He prefers to have his own slice. I trim off all but 1/4"-1/2" of flesh and let him gnaw and suck on the rind. Don't even think about taking it away from him either. He will yell at you. We get a kick out of his pleasure and passion for food.

Photobucket

He is sleeping through the night and lately even sleeping late into the morning. My early bird who used to rise in the 6 o'clock hour has been sleeping in until 8 and 9am! We'll see if it lasts. 

Photobucket

He is down to nursing 4 maybe 5 times a day and must have food to fill in the gaps. He is a very efficient eater. I have been trying to get him to take a bottle so I can pick up a few days of work here and there but he has no interest. It is a toy to him and I know that this time will be over in a few short months and there is no real need for me to work right now. All in due time. To be honest, I am not ready to leave my babes, even for a few hours, especially Rhett.

Photobucket

He has two teeth and has been a great teether, only one day that he was a bit fussy, sleepy and warm. He still smiles at everyone and is very social. He is also on the move! He gets up on all fours and starts rocking away and has taken a few "steps" on his knees but mostly scoots all over the place. My favorite is when he is on his belly and is kicking his legs like a frog and pumping his arms at the same time. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

We love him so much, that goes without saying but he truly is a doll. Look at those eyes below! And his precious little fingers. Gah! I still eat him all the time.

Photobucket

He loves to take baths with Max and Kate but I am loving our deeper kitchen sink for tubby time now. He is still a slippery guy but this is so much more manageable than keeping hold of him in a big tub with big toddlers. Too many bodies to keep track of.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He is just plump enough and I love his squishy little body. I am always amazed how fast my babies grow. It is most evident when nursing and where their bodies used to curl up close and tight against me, they all too soon have sprawling legs hanging off my lap. 

Photobucket

Sweet Rhett. I love you. Stop growing so fast darn it.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Love all the pictures! He is growing too fast! I feel the same way about Brooklyn. No matter how much I try to savor her being so little, it is never enough!

Jennifer said...

He is just the right amount of chubby!

Leah said...

Oh MY GOODNESSS!!! The hair,,, the chubs,,,,the eyes!! HE is perfect....would love to see him again!

Julie said...

You are WAY too big for my liking Mr. Rhett. Please slow down! I LOVE his hair! It's been growing in so nice. What a sweet boy he is!

Nate and Lori said...

I LOVE all of these pictures!!! He's just so cute and I love how you have him on this nice fluffy white blanket with perfect lighting. Im going to need you to tutor me at some point.

So no luck with the bottle, huh? I like your outlook on it though. He's only going to be this small for a little while and you have the rest of you life to work.