A few Sundays ago we had our Stake Conference. Seeing that we have very small children with very short attention spans we opted out of facing the reality of a two hour meeting with hundreds of people. Just getting through one hour of sacrament requires a hefty bag of tricks. I am always sad to miss these enriching meetings, this one especially since our Stake Presidency was reorganized and I hear the speakers were amazing, spiritual feasting that I sorely needed. Phil was super stressed with school exams and neither one of us had the gumption to get our parenting game on. Without our usual three hour time block I had to find ways to keep the kids entertained and quiet so Phil could study.
We busted out the pipe cleaners and strainers, which is a novel idea but it lasted 5 minutes.
Max was quick to catch on and was adept at poking the fuzzy pipe cleaners through the holes with ease. Kate was adept at getting frustrated when they didn't go just as she wanted them. I was adept at picking up 50 bent pipe cleaners and soothing the toddler drama. It was fun while it lasted and we moved on.

After naps and snacks we headed outside. Our favorite past time of late is riding the plasma cars around the neighborhood. These kids are fast! Best gift ever, thank you Grandma Nay and Papa.

Max and Kate took off down the path while Rhett and I followed with the Nikon.
I do love living so close to a park and having these nice paved walkways in the neighborhood. I will miss it when we move.


I love how Max sticks out his tongue when he is concentrating. Zoom, zoom!


Sweet cheeks along for the ride.


We walked/rode quite a ways around the neighborhood, killing time and enjoying the evening weather.

Back when Max and Kate were wee babes, Phil and I used to walk around our Mesa neighborhood and admire all the nice landscaping. Since I had the camera with me it was fun to notice the little details this night. Towards the end of our walk I kept stopping here and there so frequently that Max started to copy me and ended up lolly-gagging behind staring at bushes. Usually he leads 1/2 a block in front of us.


Riding down a hill is lots of fun...


It is not so fun to try and come up again. Assistance was required.

This girl is hot and cold; as quick as she can turn on the drama she can shut it right back off.
2 comments:
Great job on making the (IMO, ugly) Arizona landscaping look beautiful! Talent.
How is it that I have never seen these Plasma cars before? Im wishing that Reese had one so I didn't have to push her around constantly.
Post a Comment