My friend Lori did a fantastic post last month and I knew that I had to copy her. I love taking pictures of an ordinary day and the thought behind this series is to take one photo every hour for 10 hours on the 10th day of the month. Clearly I have missed January but plan on taking on the rest of the year. It will be fun to have this snippet of life documented.
I am already cheating since I took waaay more than 10 pictures and had a hard time narrowing it down. I think the challenge for me will be to just choose one picture that best shows that hour of life, sometimes more than one picture is needed to tell the story but I will work on being more deliberate. And since it can be hard for me with three littles to take a picture at exactly the same time each hour I am also bending the "rules" to fit me. The pictures are taken within each hour instead, sometimes multiple times within that hour.
Here we go, February 10th in pictures.


We took Rhett to the doctor to follow-up with his finger.


The doctor asked if she could drain the finger and I agreed since no changes were really noted after one week of antibiotic. Rhett was past his nap but still okay with me holding him. I laid him on the table and the doctor and assistant prepped his finger with iodine and alcohol and then she poked his finger with a needle and pressed on it. It only bled, no exudate and she didn't feel any difference in pressure. Rhett was so sad. He was fussing a bit as they prepped him since he was overtired and wanted me and then when she poked him he just let out the saddest cry ever. Broke my heart. I definitely heard his pain cry but he was okay after some loving and reassurance.
After discussing the situation with his doctor we are just going with it being a callus from his sucking. As long as the redness doesn't track down his finger/arm and he doesn't show signs of fever, etc. then there is nothing really to do short of keeping him from sucking his fingers to see if it goes away.
We got home and I put him straight to bed. He needed help since he was so overtired and he wasn't supposed to suck on his fingers since he had an open wound and band-aid on. It took less than two minutes of holding him, swaying and blocking out stimulation with a blanket over his head. I gave him extra kisses.


The big kids enjoying a Valentine treat.

Nap time! Max brought both of his blankets to me and asked to go "night-night". I told him he could still play and he got upset and said "no! night-night!". So off they went. Obviously Kate is happy about the decision. Ha!

I got to sneak into the garage for some home decor crafting.



The never-ending daily piles of laundry. We seem to make at least one load a day.

Trying to incorporate scripture study into my day. Key word: trying. I failed. Kids always take priority and I need to find a better time, probably definitely before house projects...

I love nursing. It is such a sweet and special time for me.

The kids played hard and dirty out in the yard and needed a bath before dinner.

And that is a good portion of our day!
7 comments:
loved that! i want to start doing that so cute....wish i looked that good during the day!
You are stunning.
And Max and Kate look so big!
And I miss baby Rhett.
Let's play.
You are beautiful!
These pics are great, I really enjoyed this post. Such a great idea! My 10 on 10 would be SOOOO boring right now. Maybe someday I'll have to take up the challenge once life gets a little bit more interesting. Not exciting, mind you. I'm DONE with excitement.
What a great day - You absolutely are super Mom : ) And that last picture is GORGEOUS ! ! !
Oh my goodness, can I copy you?? That is such a good idea. You're days are way more eventful than mine! I love you and your cute pictures!
Love this Heather, I will have to try it!! Such sweet kids you have!
Yay, Im glad that you are doing this with me!
Now, how the heck do you get your skin to look so smooth and peachy! Spill your beauty tips! I want flawless skin just like yours. And while you are at it...any tips on how to get kids to eat that much food. My child eats like a bird and its a constant struggle and I need help! And lastly, where did you get your frames?
Post a Comment