Monday, January 16, 2012

Around the House

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They have pretty much outgrown these little push cars. Strangely enough they have swapped cars and Max prefers the princess one and Kate the fire truck. They will even scream "miiiinnneee!" at each other if anyone gets any ideas of switching. They love to zoom around the house with them, chase each other, annoying sirens and music wailing constantly. I even put packing tape over the speaker and they are still very loud. Regular passengers are the bear stuffed in front near the steering wheel and the blankie folded up and placed behind the back like a cushion. Severe distress occurs when the blankie inevitably falls off during manic driving sessions. Mother is required to fold and refold the blankie constantly.
I need to get a picture of the set-up before they quit doing it.

Photobucket
(After taking this picture I promptly put down my camera and washed my windows from the outside. Now every time I walk by them I am amazed at the beautiful clean light that streams through. Ha! I've only lived in this house for 18 months, took me long enough!)

Max is growing bigger every day it seems. He is taller and leaner, losing his babyness. He still likes to be cuddled and will come to you during the day with his blankie and bear. He will clutch his bear to his chest and wants you to wrap his blankie around his shoulders, then pick him up and hold him close. 
He picks up on motor skills so fast. He has a new plasma car that my parents gave them for Christmas and he zips around like nobody's business.
He is stubborn, loud, emotional, kind, mischievous, wonderful.

Photobucket

Rhett is as scrumptious as ever. He continually amazes me with how fast he is growing and changing. He needs to stop it right now! I will save more details for his four month post.

Photobucket
(See my cleaner window?)

Kate loves to get into my closet and pull out all my shoes. They both do actually and fight over certain pairs. Heaven forbid one have what the other already claimed.

Photobucket

She also loves to have her toes painted and it is something special, we don't do it too often. She requested this most recent painting when I was getting ready and she spotted the nail polish. "Toes, toes, toes?" her cute little voice asked over and over. I couldn't tell her no, she was just too cute. As it has worn off through baths and play she was recently in my bathroom again, wanting me to fix them.

Photobucket

Kate is spunky, sassy, very emotional, our resident drama queen. She is loud and whiny. Soft and sweet. She loves to read books, get into my bathroom cupboards, wear fruit baskets on her head, pretties on her neck and bows in her hair.
She could survive on fruit alone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love my kids!

6 comments:

Amy said...

They are so beautiful!! I loved having the chance to read stories with them the other day. Totally warmed my heart! (Until I because super exhausted. I don't know how you do this every day but you are sure a lucky mommy!)

Andrea Gunnell said...

Great pictures! Love them all!

Lindsee said...

I love them too!

Amber Fenn said...

So sweet! I hope my boy will one day like to cuddle like Max...right now he is anti-snuggly. We have a rare moment every now and again and I just cherish it!

Nate and Lori said...

What is it with the whole put everything on my head and always have to be wearing beads thing? Thats what we do at our house too. I like how you mentioned taking pictures of something "while they are still doing it." They go through these phases so fast, I cant keep up. You have beautiful kids!

Our Life said...

Love that you keep up on your blog so well...I just breezed through your posts back til Rhett was 2 months old. Love how you are capturing your everyday life- you are amazing and your kids are so cute!