Saturday, January 28, 2012

10 Years

Photobucket

January 5th we marked 10 years of marriage. 10 YEARS! That is such a long time and yet it doesn't seem like much time has passed at all. We have accomplished much and have so much more to do. This year has just started but it is proving to be a challenging one with medical school, small children and minimal time for each other. I am grateful to have Phillip by my side as we carry on together.
  • We have grown up together, me especially!, and there is still much improvement to be had.
  • We have both graduated college and Phil is in the beginning of 10 years of medical training, 14 years if you include his undergraduate studies.
  • We have gone from two incomes to presently none as I stay home with our three children.
  • We have owned two homes.
  • We have traveled to Germany and Italy. Someday we hope to cover a lot more ground.
  • We have four beautiful children, one waiting for us in Heaven.
  • We are happy and healthy. 
  • We have a plan and are taking it one day at a time.
I am blessed beyond measure and am grateful for my husband who loves me, who honors me and our family.

We have yet to celebrate as babies and school have taken priority. With our present situation we will be keeping it small at best. When we hit 15 years of marriage we will still be in residency and have limited funds but I tell ya! When 20 years rolls around we will go BIG! Something to look forward to.


4 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Congrats! And 20 years? Will be here in no time! If we can just hang on to our sanity for 10 more years. :) You guys are awesome.

AZ Larsens said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nate and Lori said...

Happy 10 years and I LOVE the photo. (which reminds me...why did you never post your family pics? I want to see them) 20 years...wow...you'd better be planning something huge, like Australia or maybe the moon?

Kelly said...

Just caught up on all the posts I've missed while on my blog fast and I can't believe how big your kids are, all of them, really but especially Rhett. He's HUGE and SO cute and I want to just kiss his little cheeks on my screen. :) But I won't because that's weird. Anyway, I've loved all the posts :)