Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Max's Quiet Book

It is finished! This has truly been a labor of love and is a project that has consumed many nap times, nights and countless hours. Seriously, each page took at least 3 hours; more so in the beginning stages as I was "designing"/researching the pages or figuring out various techniques, etc. I hope it is something that Max treasures and that he will be able to use with his children like we have with Phil's book made by his Grandma G.

Behold, the Quiet Book:

The cover is made of denim, the same leftover material that Phil's Grandma used over 30 years ago. The lining is from Joann's and I adore it's happy colors.

Photobucket

Barn and finger puppets.

Photobucket

The next few pages correlate an object that spells out his name: M is for mailbox, it opens and there is a love note from mom. A is for alligator; the scales snap off and can go into the pocket body of the alligator.

Photobucket

X is for x-ray. He can make a hand with the bones and they go into a pocket for safe keeping. 
The rocket moves along the string to blast off to the moon. Buttons for texture.

Photobucket

His full name buttons on, something to challenge him as he gets older. 
Puzzle monster, also for when he gets older, for now he loves to take them all off.

Photobucket

Color recognition, they velcro on/off. 
Car tucks into garage and he can drive it around.

Photobucket

Zipper skills, a cute bear hiding in the tent. 
Go Fish! Magnet fishing pole grabs the fishies. He loves this page!

Photobucket

More color recognition. He can use the paint brush for imaginative play.
Another favorite is Mr. Potato Head. All pieces velcro on.

Photobucket

Shape matching and colors. He can practice snapping.

Photobucket

I had to nix 5 more double page spreads as the book was getting huge (it already is!) and I needed to focus on Kate's book as well if I was ever going to finish before the baby came. I will save those spreads for Baby #3. 

Page ideas came from Phil's existing book, plenty of google inspiration and several from my own noggin'. I loved working on it and am so happy it is complete and part of our church bag each week. Love you Max!

13 comments:

The Price Family said...

This is so cute Heather. I love it. Great job!

Jennifer said...

That really looks like you put lots of time and love into it! Its awesome!

Andrea Gunnell said...

He is going to love it forever! Awesome job!

Dave Martin said...

wow, it looks amazing! What a great gift to love forever!

Dave Martin said...

haha, this is steph

Amy said...

Looks so cute!! You did a great job!

Elise said...

So Cute Heather!!!!! Awesome job!

Brittney Blount said...

Wow, that is amazing! So cute! Can you make one for my kids too??

Leah said...

Um...holy freaking cow! I want to cry! I can't imagine the hours this took!! WOw..wow wow!! I love it all

Ryan and LeDawn said...

SO VERY CUTE!!!!! what a treasured gift!!!

Kerry said...

You are so freakin cute, and adorable!!!

Kimberly said...

Love your quiet books! They are so fun. You are so creative. Good work!

Nate and Lori said...

I was going to list all of my favorite pages but seriously, every single page is incredible. You amaze me and put the rest of us to shame. Uhm hello...I was proud that I made Reese a laminated quiet book for church. Such a great job!