Kate's book went much faster since I was already in the groove, Phil had taken the kids out of town when I began hers and I was seasoned after making Max's book. Nonetheless, it is also a labor of love and an immense time investment.
Soft and sturdy denim cover with hand stitched details.

Feminine flowery lining and some of my favorite color combinations.
Like Max's her first pages also spell out her name.
K is for kite. It is a puzzle and then she can practice tying the tail as she gets older.

A is for apple, they snap on the tree and can go into the basket.
T is for tent; zipper skills with princesses hiding under the tent window flaps and inside the tent. Grass ribbons for texture and shiny star brads.

E is for elephant! I love this page! The elephant eats the peanuts when you pull on his tail.
Counting flower petals that velcro on and can go into the flower pot pocket.

Dress up doll with various outfit combinations in her "closet" pocket.
Mrs. Potato Head. Love her! She is so stylin'.

Counting cupcakes and sprinkles. Pretend play with the oven.

Button on name.
Color matching and pretend painting.

Go Fish page! After making Max's I just made a more curved vinyl bowl opening so she can access the fish easier without stretching out the material.

Her pages are made of non-fusible pellon since I couldn't match the vintage material that was used for Max's pages from Grandma G. It was really easy to work with and since we are at church I am not worried about dirty hands.
I love her book; the colors, pages, all of it. I hope she gets as much pleasure out of it as I do!
Some have asked for resources: Google! Google image search for quiet books and you will find oodles of inspiration. Here are a few links that had patterns, others I just free handed from images I saw online.
http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/01/quiet-book-templates.html
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/07/quiet-book-templates.html
http://www.quietbook.blogspot.com/
Some have asked for resources: Google! Google image search for quiet books and you will find oodles of inspiration. Here are a few links that had patterns, others I just free handed from images I saw online.
http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/01/quiet-book-templates.html
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/07/quiet-book-templates.html
http://www.quietbook.blogspot.com/
12 comments:
I have been wanting to make a quiet book like mine from when I was little. Looking at yours I want one so badly, but am insanely intimidated! You did an amazing job.
This is seriously one of the most amazing quiet books I have ever seen. It is so well made and I love each page and the creativity behind them. Great job Heather!!
Absolutely precious and....you're hired! Ha! Almost thou persuadest me to make one for my kids. Almost....
Good work!
These are so amazing. You are so absolutely talented. Way to go.
holy smokes. I wish i could even think of where to start on an amazing project like that! And Kate will love it so awesome for both of you!I just had an emotional preggo moment cause a craft i tried didn't work out. boo. alas, i will get to your level of expertise one day... :)
I love both your quiet books! I think my favorite page is your elephant page! It's just so cute! I bet that is so nice to have done and what a fabulous accomplishment! They are both so well done and thought out!
WOW. Just wow. Both of the books are INCREDIBLE treasures. You could make some SERIOUS cash from people, like me, who would NEVER in a million years get around to doing something like this! Seriously. I would buy one from you if you sold them!!!
AMAZING!!!!!!!! I cant even begin to imagine how much time this took you. And I cant imagine that anyone would ever sell them because their time is WAY more valuable doing something else...like say, cleaning teeth! You did such a great job though and your kids will treasure this for the rest of their lives.
Found your post from Pinterest. I love this book! I made pages for my kidlets and mine didn't turn out half as nice! Thank you so much for posting this!
You did an amazing job! By chance do you have any templates available you'd be willing to share?
Great book. I am currently in the just looking stage, but soon I hope to take on this challenge and make one for a few of my younger kids. Loved the elephant page - very creative!
Your quiet book turned out darling. I especially love the fishing page. Good work! Thanks so much for linking back to me.
Post a Comment