** First of all, thank you for all your kind words and feedback on my crazy "get it all done before baby comes" crafty madness. I don't want to come across as Mrs. Braggy Braggerton sharing my projects. I thoroughly enjoy making things for my children and found other's blogs so helpful in looking for ideas and inspiration, I hope I may do the same for others. **
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for their flu shot this afternoon.
Two years old! For goodness sake, will they just stop growing? They are only going to look bigger when I bring home a baby in a few days. Their birthday was on the 15th and we celebrated again with a drumstick ice cream cone and called it good. I am glad we did their party before school started for Phil and my belly got bigger. I am enjoying this new stage of "bigness" and things are getting easier. They understand so well and are just plain fun.

They had their well visit today and here are their latest stats. They are still peanuts but healthy and happy. We are happy to have peanuts, makes it easier to still carry both of them together.

Kate:

21.4 pounds-2nd percentile
32 inches-8th percentile
Size 4 diaper
Size 5 shoe
Clothes: 12-18 months-2T some dresses
Kate is a parrot repeating so many words and loves to sing, she can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I Love You from Barney. It is the cutest thing ever! She is vivacious, dramatic, tender and happy. She still sucks her thumb and we will not be addressing that until we are all settled in with the new babe and sleeping. She loves all animals but hates dolls or toys that are animated/make a move toward her. Kate tolerates her dad's teasing and loves to spend time with him. She needs a good 10-15 minutes to wake up before she is happy.

Max:

24.8 pounds-12th percentile
33+ inches- 20th percentile
Size 4 diaper
Size 5 1/2 shoe
Clothes: 12-18 months
Max is a big helper and loves to throw things away. He prefers to be barefoot and as soon as we get in the car his shoes are off and when he plays outside it is only moments before he brings me his shoes. His favorite thing to do is wrestle with his dad. He loves to be tickled and ride his dad's back. Max is kind, energetic and smart. He will play with my hair when it is down, loves a good snuggle and gives the best kisses.


They both love water; bath time, doing dishes, pouring water from one container to another, playing in the hose, etc. Going down the big slides by themselves at the park is no big deal. They both love to go into my closet and walk around in all my shoes. They love to read books, push things around and especially love to be big kids eating at the table with us.

I have been worried lately about how Max and Kate will react to a new brother and my very much divided attention. Tonight we went and visited our dear friends who just adopted a baby boy and I am happy to report the kids did great with me holding him and were excited to see a baby. We pointed out his body parts, they gently touched him and then were more interested in climbing their stairs and seeing their dog. Whew! Hopefully our new baby will be just as exciting.
5 comments:
You are right: Max & Kate WILL seem HUGE once baby comes!!
For my youngest guy, he LOVES the baby...he just doesn't love the part where I can't be there for him nearly as much. So at least he's not trying to direct any of that frustration/confusion at the baby.
You're peanuts are too precious! (And make my babies look like giants, BTW...but they kind of are, so it all works out.) Glad you are enjoying your last few days with only these two to the fullest and excited for what lies ahead!
Cute pictures. Their eyes are beautiful. I can't believe they are 2. It is crazy how fast time is flying! I look forward to pictures of your new little man!!!
Great post. We love peanuts at our house too. We still haven't been to the pediatrician (dealing w new insurance and finding a new one) but Im guessing that Reese is 21 lbs just like Kate. Its great. I never complain about carrying her either. You have to tell me where you are in the picture of the kids weighing stuff...is that a museum? And also, Im stealing your idea of letting them wash dishes. Why didn't I think of that? She will love it. They really are at the perfect age to welcome a new little brother. Its fun to hear that they comprehend your belly. Oh and kate's singing has got to be the cutest thing.
Wow, you have been busy! It's been forever since I have read yours or anyone's blog. In fact, I haven't written on mine in forever. I can't believe how big your 2 munchkins have gotten. They both have changed so much and are so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby. So glad we have blogs to keep up with everyone!!
Post a Comment