Friday, September 23, 2011

39 Weeks: aka Delivery Day!

Photobucket

We made it!  Full term. One healthy baby and one healthy mama.

Photobucket

It is surreal that today we will add one more baby to our family. 

The other night we went over to our friend's house to meet their new baby and that night while trying to sleep all I thought about was the reality of 3 little kids under my care and if I was truly ready for another baby. Did I have enough diapers? I should get more newborn diapers since this babe is going to be a bean. I thought about all I want to do in the last few days before he came; clean the house top to bottom, wash everyone's bedding, pack my hospital bag, feed my family each night, read lots of books with the kids, do all the laundry, steam my floors, grocery shopping, etc. I wanted to vacuum out our truck, wash the windows, transfer all three (THREE!!) car seats to the truck...The list was/is never ending!

Miraculously all of the above has been accomplished thanks to some supreme nesting energy. I have felt amazing. The baby has dropped this past week and the relief of not having him right under my ribs thus squashing my stomach resulting in perpetual heartburn and needing to eat mini-meals has been lovely. I can comfortably eat again! 

The babe has a pack'n'play set up in our closet, all comfy and cozy with at least five layers of foam padding, soft blankets and the like.

The freezer is well stocked, the fridge is full, meal plans are made and waiting for grandma to take over.

I am so ready to meet him, see what he looks like, kiss his soft cheeks. I am ready to semi-reclaim my body, shed the 30+ pounds. While I have felt wonderful my feet are ready to not have to bear so much weight. I am ready to stop getting stretch marks on my once clear tummy, dang it, we almost made it through without them. Ah, they will fade, I will work hard to get fit again and all will be well. It is always worth it, that goes without saying.

We are ready. Ready or not, ready as we'll ever be! Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

You are amazing darling! Good luck today and can't wait to see the little man.

Miss Niss said...

you look amazing!!! good luck and cant wait to see him!!!!

Marrdy said...

Good luck on your new adventure. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy. Sending good thougths and prayers your way!

Brian and Janette said...

Best wishes! I'm sure your sweet one is probably here by now but I'm sending positive vibes your way regardless.

Leah said...

Stop talking about the weight..:) Can't wait to see that little pudding...call me...

Nate and Lori said...

Cutest little pregnant mama ever! And nice job on all of your hard work. Now its time to just sit and nurse a baby all day long...haha...as if the 2 year olds are going to let that happen. You will do amazing! And you will lose your weight super fast again and make us all jealous.