Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jingle Bell Run

Saturday I ran my first race, a 5k. My only goal going in was to run the entire race and I did. I ran it slow and steady finishing at 32:55, I am a turtle and yet I passed a few people and that always made me feel good and I tried not to feel badly when old men would pass me greeting every runner they passed.

Photobucket

We kept the kids up from their nap and Phil arrived with them just before I finished. We shared bananas and cookies after the race and talked with a fellow runner who spotted Max and Kate, as she has a twin brother.

Photobucket

My face got so red and hot that my sunglasses would occasionally fog up, it took me a good hour to return to my normal self.

Photobucket

I signed up for a 10K in February and I am not sure I want to run over 6 miles! I am thinking I will just try and improve my time on a 5K but I also don't want to shy away from the challenge, I'm still undecided.

10 comments:

J'lene Fernandez Merrill said...

Yay Heather! You did it! Seeing the pictures made me want to have been there racing with you. I say we do the race in February!

Brian and Janette said...

Three cheers for you! That is fantastic. I say go for the 10k in February. There's definitely something to be said for pushing yourself beyond your pre-conceived limits. You learn so much in the process and you'll never know unless you give it a go! And about your pace...finishing is finishing, so don't worry about that! There's definitely something to be said for running in comfort and I highly recommend it!

Julie said...

Way to go Heather! You are so awesome and I'm glad you met your goal. You'll have to let me know about your 10k and maybe i can do it with you!

Matthew and Shanna said...

That is so awesome Heather! I'm glad you met your goal! Hmmm maybe I will run with you in February...

Kathryn said...

Way to go! I'm with you on the unsure about 6 miles deal. I think I just would like to improve my 5K time too.

And your kiddos are as cute as ever.

Brittney Blount said...

Awesome! Good Job! I always like to improve on my time too but I think you should do the 10k. You will suprise yourself. You can do it!

Brittney Blount said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marilyn said...

I'm so jealous! I used to have dreams that I could run and run...and then I woke up!! Maybe in my next life. Congrats on finishing and GOOD JOB!!

Miss Niss said...

go girl!! thats awesome!!!

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

Way to go!!! I would love to do that, but I would have to train for it and that is no fun :) Can't wait to see more! Happy New Year.