Christmas morning we spent on our own and then headed up to Prescott to visit Reed & Melissa for the weekend. We made our traditional German meal of rouladen and rotkohl, potatoes and I made a not so German Oreo Cheesecake.
We videoed our entire Christmas morning and are therefore short on the pictures. Here are two that I tried to capture just as we were getting started:


The morning did get better. Paper was torn, toys played with and we had to put them aside so they could open more gifts.


Phil got me a steam cleaner and has been tirelessly steaming our nasty rental tile. The gift that keeps on giving! My mom surprised me with a new wheat grinder and I am excited to make our bread each week with superfine flour.
This year Max and Kate's ornaments are Raggedy Ann and Andy. I went to an ornament exchange party and opened the cutest ones and then they got stolen (it was White Elephant style). So sad! I was excited since we received these dolls when the kids were in the NICU. I made my own and think they turned out darling.

I made this Scotty Dog for the exchange and want him back. I will have to make more next year.

Aunt Loretta made the kids these precious bunnies. She made them! The Velveteen Rabbit book accompanied them and they are currently living the high life in their cribs.


I got Phil throwing knives and made a target. Max and Kate helped.

I wanted to give handmade gifts this year, keeping it simple and hopefully special. Below are the gifts I made with the links to tutorials if anyone is interested.
Lamb Pillows for Max and Kate


Ruffle Scarf &Felt Flower Clips/Brooches for my mom and sisters


Crayon Roll for my nephew
11 comments:
Love the handmade gifts, so special. My grandmother used to do hangers loved them. Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas.
wow i am so impressed Heather! your gifts are all so cute! i love the idea of an ornament gift exchange too. but i'm sorry yours got stolen! that's terrible! i'm glad you guys had a very merry christmas and i'm excited for some more play dates!! (and running of course) :)
Julie! The ornaments were "stolen" at the party, white elephant style. :) You are so sweet. :)
I love the picture of Max bawling in front of the Christmas tree. That would make a very funny greeting card.
How fun!! Heather you are so talented! Just amazing!
yup, they are the cutest things alive! I LOVE all your handmade gifts!!! And those bunnies are adorable! Loretta is so darn talented!
Looks like it was merry indeed! Glad you had a great one. Happy New Year!
Looks like a great Christmas. I love all of your homemade gifts! You are so creative and talented. Can't wait to hang out soon with your two walking kiddos!
such cute gifts, i wish i were your sister!
You put us all to shame with all of your darling homemade gifts. Seriously...how did you even have time for that? I am obsessed with your little Raggedy Ann and Andy ornaments. I just think they are the cutest. It looks like it was a nice Christmas for you guys.
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض
نجار بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
Post a Comment