Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 Months

Photobucket

Once again time manages to slip through my fingers and I am left wondering where it has gone and why it goes so swiftly. Especially when it comes to my kids growing; up, up and away! Dramatic? Perhaps. But really, they need to stop.

So, 10 months old. They have been in our home longer than it took to grow them, though they passed that mark 2 months ago since they were early jumpers.

Below are a  few favorite images. Yes, I use the word "few" very loosely here.

Like any good dental hygienist my kids have been brushing since Kate's first tooth made it's appearance a few months ago. Max doesn't have any teeth yet but that doesn't stop him. I brush Kate's teeth first with just a swipe of paste and then she is free to do the rest. Max is often found with one brush in his mouth and another in his hand seeing as he is an expert "swiper".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Things I want to remember about Kate at this age:

Photobucket

Your sweet baby blue eyes and your "Cindy Lu Who" hair. This morning you woke with the best punk rocker mohawk.

Your impish grin punctuated by two darling dimples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You have become my second skin, the little monkey on my back, my shadow, etc. If I am in the vicinity and you are not in my arms then this is of course tragic! Oh the drama! You will crawl to me (crying/whining all the way) and then once you are in my arms you promptly pop in your thumb and snuggle in on my chest or shoulder, tears instantly shut off. Little stink. I was changing Max's diaper and couldn't hold you right then, you sat at my legs and cried and then finally just laid your head down on my leg in defeat.

Yesterday I was on the floor with you two playing and you weren't content until you could lay down on me. Sitting beside me, between my legs on the floor, in my lap facing out do not cut it. You must be able to snuggle in. I keep reminding myself to soak it in, it won't always be like this and I know I will miss your complete devotion. Though I must say your daddy feels left out.

Photobucket

I love your cheesy grins that show off your two little teeth.

You will also "talk" with me. I can "hmmm" and you will repeat the tone. We go back and forth for quite some time.

You say mama and I know now that you know what it means as you say it when you come crawling desperately towards me.

I love how you pop your head up from bed like a little turtle. Or when I come to get you after naps and you are kneeling at the crib rails looking like a little prisoner waiting to break out.

Your Uncle Reed steals you every Sunday during sacrament meeting as soon as we walk in the chapel, your cuteness is undeniable.


Things I want to remember about Max:

Photobucket

My dear boy. I feel like you have been getting the short-end lately as Kate dominates my arms. You don't seem to mind though as you are far too busy, moving from one toy to the next with purpose and determination. Other times you are quiet and content to sit in a lap and lounge.

You crawl everywhere and are fast!

Changing diapers, lotioning and getting dressed have become wrestling matches.

Your favorite room is in the office where you are content to play with cords and paper.

You LOVE the bath.

Photobucket

You love playing with your dad and love to be tickled and gently scared; your laugh is contagious.

Photobucket

I love your chubs, your toes, your cheeks.

Photobucket

You are a champion eater and if you see your dad or I with food you get so excited and crawl to us, plop yourself right down and grin, rubbing your feet and hands together in anticipation. If we don't share right away you voice your concern.

You still do headstands. We still munch your legs and peek through to see your squishy smiling face when you do them.

You will see Kate playing with something (anything!) and bulldoze your way over to her to take it away. Life is going to get more lively I am sure when Kate starts protesting more actively, for now she merely cries or doesn't care. You are oblivious, only knowing that you must.have.that.toy!

You both love to read books and will sit quietly and happily as we read through 5 or 6 books. Your favorites are "Dear Zoo" and "Do Cows Bark?". My favorites are Dr. Seuss and of late especially "Mr. Brown can Moo! Can You?". So much so that "Boom! Boom! Boom! Mr. Brown is a wonder. Boom! Boom! Boom! Mr. Brown makes thunder." has been stuck in my head for days now.

You are both so happy and I am happy to be your mom. Love you.

10 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

A very fun stage for sure! Such cuties.

Unknown said...

First I must say, it was an early to rise day if youre posting at 6 am!

Kates smile is definitely a winner. She is such a cute little "pip". And Max is such a handsome guy. He is all boy. You have the cutest little kids heather!

Kami Milliron said...

Haha, Mr Brown Can Moo has always been one of Douglas's favorites. He loves to say things like SPLAT and at the end, we whisper really soft as we whisper like a Butterfly : )

OH MY HECK, YOUR KIDS ARE DARLING ! I cannot get over their blue eyes. Kate looks like Phil when he is holding her and you when you're holding her. I love her little personality. The whole cuddling thing is just how Josh is too. I love it because Douglas was never like that. I will take it !

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Darling!

Leah said...

Friend...you have the sweetest pics of your little ones..I hope you are printing this blog because your mommy words are so perfect...love all your posts....P.s. both of my sets have dominant twin and a passive twin. I think he sends them that way so we won't die. And you think 10 months is busy just you wait....love you and your little blog and cuties!

Candace said...

Your kids will love to read this someday! They are just too cute for words! I have a...uh..."needy" little guy, too. He's been that way from the beginning and still is (he's 3 now)! He needs LOTS of lovin' from Momma! I try to soak it in, too. When he was little he would only say "Mamamama" when he was in distress, too. Stinkers. :)

The Hann Family said...

They are both soooo adorable!!!! You are a great mom and they are so lucky! Good luck with school...I'd say Air Force is the way too go!

Our Life said...

I love reading your blog! You always seem to capture your thoughts and feelings with perfect words. And your babies...darling!!

♥Tami said...

Such adorable kiddos! They really are beautiful! I too think you have a great way with words!

Nate and Lori said...

I don't know why 10 months seems so much easier than 9 mo, but I can't get over it. I often think what Reese will do with so many pictures when she's older, but I think that it is a good problem to have.

My favorite thing is that you can already tell which books are their favorites. I'm still not sure that Reese even listens. She just wants to turn the pages the entire time.