Sunday, May 16, 2010

We're Alive

We are here. Safe and sound and surrounded by chaos as I go about putting back together our life in the new digs. Phil has been working like a dog readying our beloved Talbot Circle for the new renters. Seriously, every night since Thursday (moving day) he has been gone from 7am to 10 or 11pm. Tack on the minimum one hour drive and you have one ragged tired daddy. We miss him, though it is giving me a good taste of what is to come for the next 8ish years. Phooey.

I have proven to be quite handy as I have tackled the large to-do's at the new home; hook-up washer/dryer, assemble Kate's crib, assemble our queen bed, move various heavy pieces of furniture around and empty box after box. Throw in constant care for two semi-neglected* children and you have one ragged tired mommy. (*I flit to and fro between unpacking and playing with the babes, nursing, diapering, cleaning, loving, cuddling, comforting, playing, etc.)

Max is progressively getting more mobile but is not full on crawling yet, he is listening to me and waiting until the house is complete. Kate rolls everywhere. They are finally sleeping wonderfully through the night with an early morning feed at 5am and then I put them back down and our day starts around 7am. It's amazing what separate cribs will do! (All my multiple mommy friends are nodding their heads and muttering "I told you so!")

With an absent husband I still don't have my main computer hooked up so pictures will be forthcoming. Someday. Soon, I hope.

8 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

That sounds like some exhausting days to me! Moving always in--can't imagine doing it with two babes. You're inspiring!

Grandma Nay said...

Heather you are an amazing Mommy! & Phil, WOW! the sacrifices you have made to move & work hard to get your family there! Great job! We just got our mail, Yes you did mail the package! THANK_YOU so much for the beautiful necklaces, Both Ness & I cried! We just love them! I am wearing it forever! Have a great day! Love ya tons!
MOM & Ness

Leah said...

Nodding my head here....I am so happy things are good...I miss you like crazy....truly...excited to hopefully see you on Sat...love ya...

Andrea Gunnell said...

Wow! I can't believe you've moved! I hope you love your new house, neighborhood, and ward! Good luck with everything!!!

Marilyn said...

So glad you are getting settled. We mailed out invitations last Friday, so hopefully yours will catch up with you. Send me your new address, cause you just never know when I might be in the neighborhood!!

Nate and Lori said...

Wow! When I feel like I have too much on my plate I need to just stop and think about you. Sheesh.

Candace said...

AH! Unpacking and adjusting to a new life is HARD!!! But it'll get better and I know you know that. SO just hold on to that! Until then...hope those babies keep sleepin' for ya!! Favorite.milestone.ever.

Rachel Hanchett said...

I'm glad you are getting settled! I need you new address!