Friday, May 15, 2009

Back from the Dead

Perhaps this title is inappropriate given my last post, but I am going to be better about frequent blogging and updates. This pregnancy has sapped my desire to cook, clean, blog, etc. Life has been simplified, no longer do I cook glorified regular meals (sorry, cooking blog!) and we get by with the basic housecleaning, usually picking our clean undies out of the dryer or off the couch where they have resided for some time now. I have lofty goals of a spic and span house this weekend.

Now on to the juicy tidbits, a lot of big news around here! First and foremost:

Behold, my little ones first "photo shoot";

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We are having one of each! So excited and more importantly they are healthy and completely sound. Our ultrasound tech also scanned Camden and remembered us and was so thrilled, a much different experience this time around with her. Instead of her wearing her "poker face" and not saying a word as reams of images were spilling out of the machine with Camden, she freely pointed out things and talked the hour away.

As you can see Baby B is our boy as is evident especially in his 3D pic. And Baby A is our sweet little girl. I cannot wait to see what Phil & I have created and kiss these sweet bodies all over!

I am feeling well. Heartburn is not my friend and is always present, even with the most benign foods like watermelon. I can't wait to stop choking down Tums but even if I was kissing the toilet everyday it would be worth it. And I am grateful, so grateful and blessed.

And because this post is too long already I will add more big news.

We (read mainly Phil) have been struggling with the decision to continue with med school this year. Overwhelmed with the prospects of no income, 2 new babies, 1 overly stressed and non-existent husband, paying for COBRA insurance $$$, being a state away from family and friends during this pregnancy and early days of the babies...

We decided to put medical school on hold. Phil requested a deferment and we got news that it was granted. We will start medical school next year and take this time to enjoy our new life, savor our babies and have the peace of mind that we will have a stable income, wonderful insurance through Phil's work and I will have my dream of a helping and involved husband and father for our children. We have worked hard to get these babies here and I want to relish the experience. So we will.

You can all come and see my babies and I am sure I will need the help!

29 comments:

Marisa said...

That is just so exciting!!! Congratulations. We are so happy for you guys and cannot wait to see those sweet little ones.

J-ME said...

How exciting!! One of each! I love it! Of course the next question is... have you thought of names? :) I'm so excited for you guys!! Congratulations!!

Kerry said...

So Excited for you. What fun photo shoots you will be having soon!

Kerry said...

I need your address e-mail me at hoglefam@cox.net

Kami Milliron said...

Congrats Heather, that's so exciting. It must have been a relief to have a great ultrasound experience. I remember that " poker face " all too well. So glad to hear everything is great !

melissa said...

what wonderful news!!!!! I am so excited to see the little babes... and now that you are staying it will not have to be just once a year. :)

Andrea Gunnell said...

All I can say is Wow! So exciting and so amazing. I'm sure it was so wonderful to see your babies and to hear the news that they are healthy. I can't wait to meet them!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

aww... I have tears rolling down my cheeks. That is so exciting!!! Congrats!

Miss Niss said...

so glad you'll still be around here when those cute babies are born!!! congrats on everything! sorry for the heartburn...i had the worst case of it with rylie!! such a bug!!!

chad and lemae said...

how exciting! Congrats!

Loree said...

wow heather! I am so excited for you! a GIRL & a BOY! YAHOO!!! i wish you luck with your wonderful future! i have you in my thoughts and prayers :)

The Hann Family said...

YEAH! That is a good decision to hold off med school for a year so Phil can be around more to enjoy their 1st year!

Brian and Janette said...

Three hip, hip, hoorays for Phil and Heather! Exciting news all around...and thanks for sharing every bit of it. You've enriched my evening with your wonderful news.

Renee said...

What amazing blessings that are being bestowed upon you guys at this time. CONGRATULATIONS on the twins and having one of each. What fun you two will have raising them.

Marrdy said...

Congratulations Heather. I a so very happy for you and Phil!

Kelly said...

i love every last one of those ultrasound pictures. they're all beautiful! that's a cool experience to have had the same u/s tech. at least i think it might be. i hope it was for you!

what is phil going rather that med. school? i don't remember what he was already doing.

{love, mj.} said...

Congats! So exciting you are having a boy and a girl! thats awesome that he gets to take a year off to be with you and the babies!

Kathryn said...

Yea. I kept checking for updates. I understand though that things loose their importance (like blogs) once you get pregnant. Yea for this new life and adventure - and oh, it will be an adventure.

Christi said...

Yeah!! I would LOVE to come see you and your twins!! And how exciting to have one of each, you lucky girl!! I'm glad you will stay here this year. We definitely need to get together soon, sorry we only have 1 car so it is so hard to schedule days, but you guys are always welcome to come here!

Leah said...

That is awesome news! I am so glad you are staying...how about a newborn photoshoot when they are born? Pretty please?!! Hand in there friend!

Marilyn said...

Your babies are so precious! I am so glad that you two have decided to stay in our ward family. We really want to see those adorable babies and help out. I'm a good laundry folder, so call me!

Mandi said...

This is so great! I love that you're having one of each! You so deserve this!

Kim said...

Congrats again!! I am so happy that I will see them right after they are born, and not several months. Have you thought of the place you want to go out to dinner at yet??

Candace said...

A million congrats!!! And WOW! You got to find out the sexes early! 15 weeks??! Didn't know that was possible!

What a relief it must be for you to you have been able to defer. A blessing!

Thanks for the update!

Goodmangang said...

We are so excited for you!!! My kids have loved to look at the babies pictures. Camry was so excited that you are getting on of each! I hope this will be the BEST year ever. We love you!

Terina said...

I've known you're staying for a while and it still made me smile reading it! So glad!

Sherrilynn said...

Oh Heather, I am smiling from ear to ear. I can’t wait to kiss those babies too. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you both.

Anonymous said...

i look almost everyday at those babies, they're so sweet! i love their little bodies and can just imagine how they are already best friends in there. congratulations from the bottom of my heart. philip and i are both just so happy for you guys!