Thursday, September 11, 2008

9.11.01

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

I was at home, 18 years old and newly engaged to Phillip. He called me and told me the news, I turned on the TV and watched with my family the eerie footage of an airplane crashing into one of the Twin Towers. As the day progressed I watched at work on a small 12" black and white set as the buildings crumbled and people jumped out of the windows.

Remember what happened. Remember that we are free and brave men and women are fighting hard to preserve that freedom. Remember to thank them and your Father in Heaven for the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted.

And most importantly, remember to vote this election. Be informed and make a wise decision, the decision that is best for you and your family. Exercise the freedom to choose, the freedom that men and women have died for. If you don't vote, you can't complain.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I had to find a quote to pass at out today around work and reading them really was hard. I agree with you... you cant complain if you dont try and make a difference.

Loree said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of this tragic day. I was reflecting about where i was at the time this happened. I will never forget. I too am so greatful for the freedoms we enjoy in America. I am truly thankful for all the many men and women who fight for our freedom. I am so proud to be an American! And i second the motion to VOTE!!! And be WISE :) thanks Heather :)

Kristi said...

Where was I? On the other side of the world! Just finishing up a bday party for a fellow American in rural China...10pm when a Chinese lady came running in to tell us the news...was up til the wee hours watching Chinese news broadcasts trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Won't ever forget that night...

Nate and Lori said...

I was in my house getting ready to go to early morning math class. They had tv's set up at MCC and we just sat and watched. I sang my heart out to Lee Greenwood's "Proud to Be An American" today in rememberance. I love that song.

Brian and Janette said...

I was just waking up getting ready for another day of college when my roommates fiance called to let us know.

I think what is most important to think about is how wonderful it is that it's been seven years since this attack happened. Seven, whole, un-attacked years. I don't think there was a person in this country who wasn't scared that another attack was right around the corner...it was imminent...or so we thought. But thanks to quick action on the part of our commander and cheif, (whether you like him or not, he made the right choice with this one), our country is safe today! I think people tend to forget that when they look at his administration as a whole.