Monday, July 21, 2008

Sinful


AKA: Why I can't lose those last 10 pounds

Sunday evening rolls around. We are gripped in the throes of boredom. For Phil that means a movie, a guy movie, a Jason Bourne movie. For me it means ainlessly surfing the web or baking. I love to bake. He makes an innocent request: brownies. I tell him there is a box in the cupboard; hop to it. He delays claiming I always make them better.

"It's a box, everyone makes them the same" I reason. He walks over to the couch and settles into his movie. A few moments pass and I ask him if he wants brownies, really just reminding him of his need. "Okay!" he says.

Which means I make them. And I don't make box brownies. If you are going to have a brownie, have a real brownie. One with loads of chocolate flavor, moist, chewy and perfect. So I make this.

And then I eat one, at night, before bed(!), still warm and gooey...

And then this morning...

I ate another.

Oh the shame! I have no willpower. No control. No food morals!

But I do have...

10 extra pounds taking residence on my lower half which strangely mimics some known dairy product. What the?!!

These brownies must go! I sent 4 with Phil to work. I will take the whole dang batch with me to work to share the love, misery loves company right?

You want some? It's kinda lonely here...

15 comments:

Candace said...

Sinful, yes, in large quantities! But NOT sinful if you just eat one. THAT is the hard part. You are doing the "right thing" in shipping them off with Phil and bringing them to work with you.

Forgive yourself and recommit! You are never a "lost cause"! :)

Marisa said...

I am so seriously craving a brownie, I might take my lunch break at 9:30... Heather you make everything look amazing. DELICIOUS. I am definetly trying those.

Marrdy said...

They look and sounds so yummy. I have tried several of your receipes and each one is better than the next. Now, on to brownies...and those extra giggling pounds!

Sherrilynn said...

Heather if you ever want to get rid of your homemade delicious food, my children (and myself) will gladly take them off your hands for you. Anytime! That's what family is for.

I remember when your mom would come over and bake at our house. We would always eat yummy treats especially on Sundays after church. The good-old days.

I will try this recipe for sure!
Thanks ~Sherri

Wendy said...

Now those look "Downright Delish"! I'm definitely going to have to try those.

Renee said...

I want some of those yummy looking brownies, but I am on a no sugar diet for two weeks. Us girls here in Georgia (in my ward) committed to no sugar for two weeks. But, once those two weeks are up I am in. My daughter made two boxes of brownies for Sunday night. They were the 8x8. She didn't wnat to take the time and make them from scratch and her dad needed something sweet.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! That's me all summer long!

Christi said...

Nummy!! Those look delish! You are amazing!

Kelly said...

yes, i want some. please send, even COD would be acceptable.

Heidi Ann said...

I feel your pain sister. Any time theres an excess of dessert it becomes my breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Mandi said...

They look sinfully tasty!

Loree said...

i want some! hey heather i found your blog on leah davis's blog. so fun! i just created my own blog. go check it out, i will email you the link. have great day :)
Loree Zito

Taryn and Sterling said...

I'll take one, they look wonderful. I have no will power.

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! It's me Brianna (GIBSON) how the heck are ya...I say your blog and thought mmmmmm that looks good and then I thought awww heather is still cute as ever!! Workin' as a dental Hygienist eh? good for you! I hope you enjoy your job! Drop me a line sometime, it's so fun finding old friends on here.

Kim said...

Heather, I don't know you, you don't know me...we have "people" in common though....Heidi Anderson is my niece...and a darling one at that!

anyway, I've stalked your blog for several months now because you are an interesting read.

Can I just say how impressed I am that you had all the ingredients for these brownies on hand? Impressed enough to leave a comment on a strangers blog....hehe