- Summer Reading.
- Reading in general.
- Amazon shipping directly to my happy mail box.
- Fantastic, just can't be beat pricing.
- All of this makes me very happy.
See. Very happy.
And reading makes me very unproductive.
Dang. I mean really, very, immensely, hopelessly unproductive. Makes Phil ask what I did with my day and I answer sheepishly yet proudly "I finished a whole book!" unproductive.
Well, I won't start until I clean my house and figure out dinner. I have 3 1/2 hours until Phil gets home. Better get crackin'!
What are your favorite reads?
13 comments:
Heather you and I are too alike... if I start a book I like and I get interrupted. I am not happy. I CANNOT put it down until it is done. Take the Twilight series for example. Never sounded interesting, but I was bored. I started the first page.... 12 hours later I had Books 1 - 3 done. No sleep, but was it ever worth it :)
Totally know what you mean! Amazon is the greatest, reading is fantastic...being unproductive...not so great! I just finished the Host last week and now I need something else to read! Any suggestions?
If you haven't read "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner, I HIGHLY recommend it! It is a story about old territorial AZ and based on the diary of the author's great grandmother. There are a second and third book as well, and they are pretty good too! Anyway, there's three more reasons to be unproductive...so get on it!
Ok, you'll have to let me know if you like that book. I'm kind of hesitant about an alien love story... But it's probably still good.
Sounds to me like you should sign up to be an Amazon affiliate so that people can get books you recommend and you can make something off of it?
I also love Amazon. I have a list in my cart, waiting for the moment that I can justify spending the money!!!
Some of my unproductive moments this summer include "Princess Acadamy" by Shannon Hale and "The Next Thing on my List".
I am supposed to be reading "The Host" for book club, but I haven't gotten my hands on it... Yet! As I know that will be a day or so of NOTHING being accomplished in my house.
I have not had any time to sit down, let alone read anything. I am sure once I get this whole new calling down it will change, but for now you do all of the reading for me O.K.
There is nothing unproductive about reading. It expands the mind. I have corrupted my mother...got her Twilight for Mothers Day and now she is hooked...(hear evil laugh by conniving daughter, hehehehe)And look at your smiling face. It's beautiful.
I am so not a reader, but I just read this really good book called Mistaken Identity. It is about those two college girls that got mixed up in the hospital. I highly recommend it. My mother in law has been reading this series called The Brothers. I think she got them at the church book store. She says they are great. In case you didn't have enough to read already.
Fantastic! I love the recommendations and I will jot them down for future reading. As for the Host, I am a few chapters in and I love it already. Kinda different to wrap your head around but so far so good. I am still reading.
Heather,
I think I copied your email address down wrong, I invited you but it doesnt look as though it worked. If you email me @ marisagoodman20@hotmail.com I will add you in! Sorry :)
I can't even finish Eclipse. I haven't given up though. I actually opened it today.
I'm VERY sad to say that, though I LOVE to read and use to spend my summers doing it, I haven't been able to sit down with a good book in awhile. :( You can BET, though, that I'll be all over "Breaking Dawn", come August!!
You'll have to give a review of "The Host" when you're finished; I read the reviews on Amazon and they were pretty mixed. BUT, I've LOOOOVED The Twilight Series so I need to give it a try!!
Off topic, but one of the professors at IUSD emailed us a list of all the incoming LDS 1st years and we noticed there was a "Matthew Gunnell" from Mesa, AZ. I'm guessing there's a connection to you guys somehow?? That would be COOL! :)
I hear you on the reading!!!My husband Dave has been pretty discouraged at times too when all I could get myself to do was "finish that book!"
Post a Comment