Monday, June 30, 2008

Utah

We left Thursday afternoon to Utah for a very special reason. Steph, Dave & Matthew were getting sealed in the Manti Temple.

We were so grateful to be able to witness this special day with them and be able to visit with all the Gunnell siblings and visit my family as well. Utah was gloriously cool in the mornings and nights with warm (hot to the wimpy Utahns) summer days.

We visited Bryce Canyon and enjoyed the 9 hour drive up and back again. (not!) That is the worst drive ever! Although I had it easy sitting and snoozing in the passenger seat as Phil commandeered our trusty little Sentra, which we can drive up to Kanab on one tank.

More pics to follow; I need to be productive and make some money, off to clean in Gold Canyon!

8 comments:

Marrdy said...

What a cute picture. Love the happy, smiling baby. And today in Utah is it going to be 100 and I am complaining. Going to St George for the weekend and it will be 104. Still not as hot as AZ at 120!!

Marisa said...

I love that "wimpy utahans" Totally true!

Krystal said...

What office in Gold Canyon?

The Price Family said...

Cute picture. Sounds like a fun trip, except for the driving =(! Glad you are back safe.

The Smith's said...

Glad you corrected me. I knew that too.

Nate and Lori said...

i'm jealous of the sentra that can make it in one tank of gas to kanab. my car is costing $80 to fill up these days and I'm mad that my husband sold my honda civic.

The Smith's said...

I ran Steven to the dentist that I use to work for today to have them take x-rays of both sides of his mouth. I am so thankful he has both his permenant teeth. I guess no dentures for him!

Tom and Sue said...

I LOVE reading your posts! They are so fun! It's a problem I have...surfing others blogs...thing about yours is there's always something fun to read! Congrats to your sweet brother & sis in law. They look so happy!