Monday, March 31, 2008

Update

Crazy weekend full of YW's and churchy stuff. It was nice, Sunday I made an amazing roast, if I do say so myself! Lots of new recipes on the Smorgasbord, like Texas Sheet Cake, Coconut Cake, BBQ Chicken and Potato Salad and Pork Kebabs with Pineapple Rice. GO! They are so yummy and we have eaten well lately when I take the time to cook. This weekend I am hosting Bunco and I will post the yummy recipes I make, Sweet Pork Burritos and Key Lime Bars. So good.

In family news Phil has secured a position with CVS/Caremark as a senior web programmer. We are so excited! He starts mid April and we can't wait to receive another steady paycheck and get crackin' on my list of goals. Heavenly Father is truly mindful of us and we are very blessed and thankful.

For the record I ran today, thank you. I officially started training and will run 3 days a week, hopefully I can throw in a bit of strength training on my off days and be on the fast track to a fitter, leaner me. If I stop baking and eating Coconut cake, still working on that one! Thanks to Candace who will be my virtual training buddy for this 5k.

Sorry for the rambling, incoherent writings. Off to bed so I can rest my pretty head.

10 comments:

Candace said...

YAY! You did it! Now only like....a whole bunch more days left of training! :) Hopefully I'll be able to start tomorrow....I somehow did something weird to my right leg. It feels like something is pinching right where my femur connects with my pelvis. Sleep it off??

Mandi said...

Congrats on the job. And good luck on the training. I will be thinking about fixing up the old body here in a few months. I'll go check out that site for some dinner ideas.

Kim said...

I am so excited for dinner on Friday. It sounds so good. I will let you know about Kathryn soon.

Kelly said...

first of all... you have been married for a quarter of my life. crazy. i don't know i feel the need to share that... second, those recipes sound AMAZING and i have a TON of pork. can't wait!!

Goodmangang said...

Heather I need to talk to you. Call me Crystal Goodman at 480-219-0306 Thanks

Kim said...

I just thought that I would tell you that I got Kathryn to sub for Melanie on Friday.

Bethany M said...

I LOVE your recipes!
And...congratulations on the job...that's GREAT!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Heather, I look at this website everyday and she had a post today about making lists and I thought of you so I thought I would share!
http://www.decor8.blogspot.com/

Candace said...

Heather,
Did my first training day today with my hubby (and mildy whiny kids in the stroller :P) at the local HS track. We signed up to run a 5k at the end of May in Tucson (you are my inspiration for that, I will have you know :). It wasn't too bad; we took it pretty easy and just jogged a 200 then walked a 200 for about 20 minutes. Slowly, but surely....we'll get there, girl! :)

Katie said...

You are such a good wife! I need to try out some more meal ideas. All of it sounds delicious! I'm excited for Fridays yummy meal and fun times!!! I'm pretty sure I won't end up being a freak of nature this time and get 7 buncos again!