Don't you hate the beep, beep, beeping of alarm clocks? I even cringe inwardly hearing it on TV or radio. Has to be the most annoying sound ever.
I feel as though I am working my life away. I recently told one of my dentists that I would like to cut back one day, making my full time only 4 day/week. Either that or hygiene will be the death of me. I have lost my enthusiasm for the job and my shoulders, back and neck are screaming by Tuesday. It is time to reprioritize. Live life, not work it. Working weekdays, cleaning and shopping Saturdays and then working my other job on Sundays leaves no room for relief and relaxation. Someone please send the baby dust my way so I can exit one of my many responsibilites!
What rules your day at the moment?
PS: Phil has had 2 job offers so far and is trying to choose the best one. He will soon be making some money, not just helping to spend it!
15 comments:
Good for you for cutting back on something to focus on 'living' instead of working.
I am sending as much baby dust towards you as possible. You out of anyone deserves it the most. I remember the days of BBT. I hope that they don't last too much longer for you.
Driving and laundry rule my days now. It takes 2 hours to get all the kids dressed and to their various schools (mostly on time) and another 2 hours to get them all picked up and home again. Not to mention all the extracurricular activities that happen in the evenings. Laundry... well, I hate doing it and find anything else to do first... my masters, emailing, stocking people on their blogs...anything!
I had no luck with baby dust myself, but I am praying that it comes your way soon!
Tiffany Lee
I know what you mean! Work full time, piano lessons, ticket business, family, everything. It is overwhelming. Sorry, but at the moment there is no Baby Dust in my corner either. If you find some, blow it my way. YOu are doing an amazing job, I hope the wind picks up soon.
I hope you get to cut back a day. Maybe that's what you need...some relaxation time. And yes, that alarm sound is the worst! Switch it to the music and hopefully it doesn't just become part of your dream and make you late for work!
Ah...just as you are cutting back, I am going back to 5 days. Why? I don't know...it just kind of happens to me and I never know how to get out of it. At this point we need the money so its hard to say no.
My day is ruled by the alarm clock as well and now my treadmill.
Take a break Heather..you deserve it. You have always worked hard! Have you ever tried ovulation predictors? We had the hardest time getting pregnant with Crew..but the ANSWER ovulation kit helped us. But I am sending all baby dust your way..love ya girl!
I identify with you all to well. Sometimes I look at my life and think to myself, "I've been married without kids for four years...why haven't we done anything fun?" We can be work-a-holics at times. My job is stressful in every way possible, and my whole body aches at the end of my long 12 hours in the emergency room. I think the answer for me is to switch departments. For some reason getting yelled at on a daily basis just doesn't "light my fire" these days. I keep waiting for my life to slow down a bit, but it just seems to get busier. One thing that has really helped as of late is Dallin H. Oaks talk from last conference, "Good, Better and Best." It's helped me see that I could be spending less time in certain areas and more in others...and I think that is what helps us feel the most fulfilled--spending our time where it matters most!
I'm so glad you're only working 4 days, I think Friday should be the new Saturday, nobody should work Fridays! Well, except for the restaurant people and the mall people, but NO teeth people!
I'm a little confused about Phil's job situation. I thought he was going to start med school -- or did he just finish?
I have remembered you in a few prayers and I think you already know that the Lord will remember you and bless you when the time is right. The other day I read that conference talk you wrote about a while ago - "and the Lord remembered Leah." Patience is hard. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers.
If you do go to a four-day week that would be great. My mom's school started that this year (she's a teacher) and it has been fabulous. You'll love it!
Right now Matthew rules my life. I am constantly trying new things, to see if he'll like them i.e. New Car Seat. Im dreading the drive down there... but I know it will be worth it once I arrive! Thanks for letting me stay with you guys.. and Im thinking you'll have a new sound of CRYING to wake you up and not the dreadful buzz of the alarmclock. See you guys soon!
Sometimes I wish I could wake up to the sound of an alarmclock and not crying babies. I think I would have better luck ignoring the alarm than I do my babies. Just kidding. Heather seriously did you talk to your Dentist and tell him you want to cut back? Way to go!
Food. Food rules my life and I H.A.T.E. it. Which is SO unfair because I used to love it. A lot.
BBT, huh? It's a bittersweet beep, no? Good because it's for something wonderful. Bad because, well, it's a beep in the morning. Hang in there. I have no baby dust that I know of. (Does dandruff count, since it's off a pregnant woman. Actually, I don't have dandruff... But if I did... no, nevermind.) Wow, why am I still talking?
Thanks for everyone's support and advice!
***Shudder*** I know EXACTLY what you mean about hearing an alarm clock on a the radio or TV! UGH! I relate to a few other posters, though, that the sound of crying babies is what wakes me up! You would welcome that change, though, I'm sure. What a frustrating thing you guys are going through with conceiving!! I wish I knew how to blow baby dust your way! I think you do need some more relaxation time. Cut back. Do it.
I hear ya! I kept telling myself that life would be much less caotic when grad school was over... it hasn't happened yet. In fact is seems to be getting crazier and crazier.
Post a Comment