This is what happens when your husband pulls all the foil wrapped and bagged mystery meat from the freezer. I thought we had chicken breasts but it turned out to be pork tenderloin. I was a bit disappointed because I have another amazing meal that I do with tenderloin but after throwing this meal together I was not so sad anymore!
HERE is the recipe for our dinner tonight. This isn't turning into a foodie blog, although I am one at heart. I just want to pass on amazing recipes that pass even my über snobby and persnickety palate. BTW this one is a keeper!
We grilled the meat and Phil through on some hickory wood chips in a foil wrapped pouch over the coals. Oh my goodness! Divine! The hickory did overpower the marinade just a wee bit and I was sad because the marinade is so good, but none the less it is still a winner.
Have I said enough how good this is? Someone please tell me to stop already.
13 comments:
Are you going to be my Take Home Chef? The things that you cook look so dang good. We had a frozen lasagna that took to long to cook and by the time it was done i was starving and feeling sick. Courtney was crying and Brooklyn well she is just herself. So we ate and I was making garlic bread with it and burnt the one piece of bread that I tried to make really good. So when I started the next piece I just didn't care and hurry it up so that I could eat. Now looking at this I want it and I am hungry.
Good Job and I hope to give it a try someday soon!
my dinners are lame :(
No way don't stop!! Keep posting yummy looking food and maybe it will inspire me to start cooking something other than cheese enchiladas! Ok...probably not.Thanks for posting the recipes too, sometimes it is so hard to think of what to cook.
Grilled? Grilled?! My grill is sadly (and mistakenly) under a foot of snow. *envy*
I've been looking for some new recipes and I'll be trying this one out next week for sure. Thanks - I love all the recipes!
This looks seriously awesome good!!!
*take 2, later in the afternoon, less cranky*
mmmm looks so yummy!
AND i emailed you. don't know how sensitive your spam filter can be, so i thought i'd tell you to look out for it. Ü
That looks amazing! Seriously, post a recipie a week or something. I am copying them, and will try them all. Mark will thank you I am sure!
you crack me up with all the food pictures you take...you also make me very hungry. When can you come cook for us?
So Katie made your sloppy joes for dinner tonight and we went over and they were really good. I will have to make it myself sometime soon. See ya Friday!!
Heather, I have a random question for you... could you recommend a good oral surgeon? I need my wisdom teeth pulled... eek! I am so nervous!
Ok, stop already. no really don't stop, but I feel really guilty each time I look at your blog and my poor husband only gets grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. I'm working on it...
You're amazing! ALL your food looks super yummy! Seriously, WHY is Phil still so thin?
Post a Comment