Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mine?

Last night I dreamed of Camden. It was vivid and yet undefined. I dreamt of the color of his eyes. Since he never opened them I never knew their color. Where they deep brown like Phil's? My blue-green that changes with my clothes? Or were they the standard dark baby blue that will change as he gets older?

Trying to recall the dream now is getting difficult. The details are fuzzy, nondescript. I am beginning to doubt my own recollection. I saw Camden as more of a toddler, maybe the age he would be now, almost 17 months. He had big beautiful eyes, I do remember the color was brilliant and I was anxiously gazing into them, absorbing their depth. Perhaps only because I have longed for them and will continue to do so until I finally see with my own eyes. Only then will I be sure. I think they were mine.

6 comments:

Christi said...

Heather, I just saw that Camden link and oh my goodness! I had no idea! I can't even begin to imagine what you went through! I think you are such a strong person! I will pray for your family to grow!!

Kim said...

That will be a very special day when it comes.

Crissybug said...

I hope to never really understand the pain that you have from losing your baby. My heart aches for you and Phil. Kim is right...that day will be marvelous. I hope that you guys are able to get pregnant soon. I know how much you want it. You two really are the sweetest couple.

Kelly said...

I was so taken by this, Heather. I have very vivid dreams that stick with me all day. I can only imagine what it would be like to have this sort of dream. It sounds like a little blessing of sorts, a little tender mercy to get a glinpse of your precious baby boy. Even though I wasn't sure if you were happy or say or in between about this experience, after I ready what you experienced I had hope. Thanks for sharing this.

Andrea Gunnell said...

It is a special thing to think about Camden watching over you in heaven!

Candace said...

What a BLESSING it is to know that you WILL be able to look into his sweet eyes someday. You are a mother to an ANGEL, Heather!