
Friday Night Date: Come home from an exhaustive 10 1/2 hour day, walk into my sparkling clean home! Phil cleaned everything~ the bathroom, started laundry, made the bed, swept and mopped. Just beautiful, I love it when that happens. You rock Phil!
Now, with nothing to hold he hostage at home we headed out to every man's dream date. "Hey honey, let's go down to the Bass Pro Shop, they have a restaurant there..." Seeing as my wonderful husband just cleaned the entire house so his equally wonderful wife (me) would have a leisurely Saturday not cleaning, I had to say "Sure, sounds fun." And it was.
We ate instead at the Cracker Barrel and our server was someone I knew from St. David-Curtis Mortensen. Fun chatting him up while we ate our Southern cuisine- fried okra, sweet cured ham, buttermilk biscuits and coleslaw for me and a meatloaf sammy for Phil. Tasty! Needing to walk off our meal we then headed over to the monstrosity of a building housing every imaginable outdoorsy apparatus known to man, (mostly unknown to woman). It actually was amazing, they have a big fish pond with behemoth bass and trout, mannequins fly fishing, hunting, camping, etc and poor furry woodland creatures stuffed and posing menacingly. 2 stories of money spending euphoria. We managed to leave without whipping out the plastic, but Phil will return next weekend with his brothers to prepare for the "Fishing Trip".
Saturday, September 15, 2007
The Male Mecca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad that you saved your money and ate somewhere else. Ben and I ate at the restuarant inside of Brass Pro and well it was good but I am not a fan of sea food so my selection was pretty small. It is kind of pricey also.
Hi Heather! I found your blog through Krystal's and just wanted to say hi. How's the hygiene stuff? how's Mercer? Are you still working for Dr. Whiting?
YAY for running into old SD people! Curtis....he's such a goof! :)
I asked Dane if he would like to do this and he thinks it is the best idea ever. Thanks, we are steeling this one from you.
Post a Comment