Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bruschetta

Phil & I lo-ove Bruschetta. Delicious, juicy chunks of red ripe tomatoes, a smidgen of onion doused in good olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Seasoned with coarse salt and pepper and fresh basil. Spoon over warm toasted ciabatta or focaccia bread with moist and tender fresh mozzarella. Wow, what a meal! We have added it to our summer fare and partake of this goodness quite often. Here is the easy & amazing recipe.



Bruschetta
3-4 large ripe tomatoes, diced
2 TBS finely diced onion
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
Ciabatta or Foccacia bread, sliced & toasted
Fresh mozzarella, it has to be FRESH!
Fresh Basil, chopped

Combine all ingredients and let sit while you toast the bread. Dice the mozzarella into 1/4-inch chunks of yumminess. Spoon bruschetta over warm bread, sprinkle with mozzarella and basil. Eat to your heart's content.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks DELICIOSO! Will you be joining our new recipe blog: THE SHMORGASBOARD? I do hope to have the main page looking good by tomorrow! Please join.

Heather said...

You got it! I would love to, always looking for good recipes.

Andrea Gunnell said...

That does look so good! I know that Jared would especially like it so I might have to try it out. Plus it seems like a great summer meal! Thanks for sharing.