Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Snow

Thursday morning brought the season's first snow flakes. We arise early in our house and usually breakfast is done by 7:30am. The kids didn't have school and were already downstairs playing after breakfast. As I was cleaning up I noticed it was snowing. I quickly hollered down the stairs to the kids and they all came clamoring up. They were so excited! Clearly captivated with their first look at snow. They peppered me with questions about going outside to play, building a snowman and if Christmas was coming now that it was snowing. And after a few more seconds of snow watching they ran back downstairs. Ha! 

Rhett is at the window too, just out of sight beside Kate.

 photo fisrtlooksnow_zps3414b704.jpg

I've been prepping for snow since we found out we matched to Michigan, gathering snow bibs, jackets, boots, the works! The kids think they need to wear it all the time since it is so cold here.

 photo firstsnow_0016_zps58050e56.jpg

Rhett found a jackpot "pile" of snow accumulating and had to have a taste.

 photo rhettsnow_zpse9fb627a.jpg  photo katesnow_zps8850b84e.jpg
 photo firstsnow_0033_zpsf56c5786.jpg

Annnnd another taste. Funny kid.

 photo firstsnow_0027_zps04cc2c97.jpg

At this point Rhett started stripping down, off with the hat, hood and snow gloves. A few minutes later and they were all back inside. I had spent a good 30 minutes getting them all put together for less than 10 minutes of play. They 'll get pretty good at dressing themselves with all the practice we are going to get in the next 6 months.

 photo firstsnow_0035_zpsc5c9c24d.jpg

This is how Carson felt about being left out of the snow fun. I don't have a snow bib for him yet.

 photo firstsnow_0040_zps68cf1aa9.jpg

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh sweet baby Carson!! Get that cutie a snow bib!! These pics are so sweet and magical....try to stay warm friend!!

Nate and Lori said...

Cute pics!!! Yes, soon we will be seeing some intense snow pics. Bundling them up is such a hassle but now that I dont have snow, I really miss it.