Wednesday, February 5, 2014

10 on 10: December 2013

I've fallen out of love with "10 on 10" and won't be continuing it this year, mainly because my days are all the same and for pete's sake I can't even keep up with documenting life as it is! So this is the final installment for now. Desperately trying to catch up, at this rate I may have Christmas and Carson blogged by next Christmas...
___________________________________________________

One photo, every hour, for 10 hours

8:51am| Loading up the crew to take Kate to her Tuesday dance class. Rhett being his signature happy hammy self. Mwah!
   photo 10on10dec13_zpsc278cfa1.jpg

9:46am| Dance is over and she is still on her little dance class high, she always gets a sticker at the end which pleases her to no end. The boys and I likely hung out at a park during her 45 minute class.

 photo iPhonepicsdec_0220_zps5b444c83.jpg

We head home, Kate changes and then I drop the kids off at Terina's to play while I go to my 36 week check up.

10:40am| Good times at the OB office. There is a reason I don't take my kids.

 photo iPhonepicsdec_0221_zps8a38f483.jpg

11 o'clock hour: Pick up the kids from Terina's, head home and prep for preschool.

12 noon| Lunch, backpacks packed and off we go at 12:30.

 photo iPhonepicsdec_0225_zps8e9d86ea.jpg

After dropping off Max and Kate I set my alarm and Rhett and I take a nice nap.

 photo iPhonepicsdec_0227_zpsb9b0f6bc.jpg

3pm| Pick up the kids and carry on with our day.

4:09pm| The exciting part of our day is Kate's dance recital, the culmination of her months of hard work and practice. I prep dinner, feed the kids and get Kate all dressed up.

 photo iPhonepicsdec_0228_zps1a414ba9.jpg

We head out the door at 5ish and pull up to the location, an outdoor park in a local neighborhood. As I pull up I notice a ton of cars and people packing up and pulling away. I find a place to park and then realize that the recital is OVER. I am SO sad! I feel like a failure of a mom as sweet Kate is skipping alongside me in anticipation for her recital. The kids and I walk across the grassy area towards her teacher, I ask her if it's over and she greets us, telling us that she missed us. I promptly start crying and then feel like an idiot for crying in front of her teacher. The recital was at 5pm and for whatever reason I had it in my mind and on my calendar that it was at 5:30. Kate is still oblivious and I am trying to stop blubbering.

Her sweet teacher calls over a few girls and has Kate perform the dance for me with a few of her classmates. It is a cute little Christmas song and Kate does a great job. I capture it on video because Phil is out of town for the month in Tucson. No pictures because my crazy hormonal self can only handle so much and clearly I wasn't handling things very well at this point anyway.

I apologize for being emotional, her teacher hugs me and I thank her profusely for letting Kate perform. Bless her heart!

No comments: