Max turned 4 years old as well in September. (Naturally!).
The above photo was taken this summer in Utah and I am astounded at the difference that a few months makes in comparison to the last picture below. He is such a handsome boy.
Max is a joy to have around. He is helpful, smart and very independent. He is loving preschool and has really improved in his writing and coloring skills. He can write his own name and colors in the lines. He has more patience than Kate does when it comes to learning/practicing new skills. He is very deliberate and doesn't get frustrated very easily, unless he is over tired.
This boy loves to sleep. He is an excellent sleeper and while naps are generally a thing of the past he will be the first to fall asleep in the car if we travel anywhere in the afternoon. His emotions can get the best of him when he is over tired and he feels things very deeply and passionately. He is a good boy though and when we have behavior struggles it is almost always tied to him being tired.
This picture was taken after I had sent him to time out while we were out front playing one evening. Five or so minutes later I went into the house to get him out and found him completely passed out. It was no small feat waking him either!
Max is funny. He loves to be silly and comes up with some crazy clothing combinations. We let him dress himself and he is great about doing everything himself. Every morning he takes the initiative to change out of his pajamas and get dressed from head to toe; socks, shoes and belt included.
He still loves to accessorize with his belt. One Sunday morning I had laid out his clothes on his bed and left to ready someone else. A few minutes later he comes down the hall with his sweater vest tucked into his pants. I told him that he doesn't need to tuck in his sweater and his response? "But mom, then you can't see my belt!". Haha! I laughed and told Phil. We both get a kick out of this well-dressed quirk of his and think it will stay with him as he gets older. He takes note of how Phil dresses for work and compliments us both when we look nice.
Max loves to be outside and active. He really enjoyed soccer this fall and we will sign him up for a spring season as well. He is naturally coordinated and does well at sports, I am excited to see his future progress as he gets older and more involved in activities.
He is a love bug and also thrives with physical touch and outward expressions of love. He will say "I love you mom" without prompt and usually at random times throughout the day. Melts my heart every time, especially after I have felt or acted like a grumpy mom towards the kids. He is very affectionate and as I brush his teeth at night he will lean into me and rub my arm, back or lately my belly.
Max is good at following directions. He will clean up his room when asked and generally does a very thorough job. I taught him how to fold his clothes and he will take the time to put them away correctly when I ask him. He loves to help Phil out in the yard too. He has a great memory and will remember where certain things are around the house if they are lost or when I am at work and am unsure of where things were placed when I was gone.
Max and Kate are both finally able to attend Primary without tears and a parent present! This is huge for us and it has literally been a year of trying to get them to transition from nursery to Primary. I really credit preschool helping their ability to become more independent and social. It is lovely and Phil and I are really proud of them.
Max is a great brother and he plays well with both Kate and Rhett. He and Kate have a special bond and play really well together. They also fight well too. :) He is kind and thoughtful and I see my mothering, actions and example very clearly through my kids. It is wonderful to hear the kind phrases our family uses through them and also extremely humbling when my faults are clearly on display through their actions and interactions with one another. Thank goodness kids are so resilient and forgiving.

Happy 4th Birthday sweet boy! We love you so much.
1 comment:
How sweet that he rubs your belly while you brush his teeth! I love the belt thing too. :)
Post a Comment