Friday, November 1, 2013

It's a Boy! & General Pregnancy Updates

This post is long overdue, as is much of the rest of our recent life. But that is the reality of my life right now so better late than never!

Back in August we found out that this little bean I am growing is joining the ranks of blue. Our fourth boy! Wahoo! I was so darn sure that he was a girl based on my early pregnancy symptoms. I was actually nauseous during the first trimester, though I never lost my cookies. To me this was a tell-tale sign of gender since all my past pregnancies have had boys in them and I was never ever sick. And to be honest I was really hoping for a sister for Kate. We are thrilled to have another cute boy join our family though and Kate is just beside herself with anticipation of the coming baby regardless of gender.

The evidence:
 photo babybump_0167_zps080b26c8.jpg  photo babybump_0169_zpsa7a632d1.jpg  photo babybump_0166_zps61657429.jpg

And now some bump pictures to document our growth together. With the advent of my owning an iPhone and the reality of a busy and often missing husband, this pregnancy I have resorted to taking "selfies" in the bathroom mirror with my phone. Not my ideal or the best quality of images but the babe is documented.

Pretty darn close to 18 weeks here. Taken August 6, 2013.  photo iphoneaug13_0068_zps90ae09a7.jpg

20 weeks: August 23, 2013.
 photo babybump_0161_zpsd62a5a89.jpg

25 weeks: September 27, 2013.
 photo babybump_0151_zps8236b921.jpg

28 weeks: October 15, 2013.
 photo babybump_0146_zps8f7728cf.jpg

30 weeks: October 29, 2013.
 photo Octoberiphone_0081_zps8ad07c0e.jpg

We are still undecided on a name for this little one and have just recently decided to stick with our unintentional one syllable theme we have going on with Max, Kate and Rhett. At least that narrows down our options. We favor fairly traditional names and they can't be in the top 100. Whatever I suggest to Phil he generally vetoes and I similarly do the same to him. He says I am too "new age and modern". I have suggested Miles, Grady, Roane, Griffin, and a few other names that I can't remember. Phil has said Wade, Wes, Sean and presently likes Brock. I am going to suggest Rhys (Reece) to Phil when he gets home from travelling.

I would love the name Wade as that is my mom's brother who died in an accident when he was younger. But we used that name as Max's middle name and I just feel funny using it again, a social faux pas if you will. I've polled a few friends and family and the consensus is mixed but I am not going to use it again. Darn though! We would've been set! I guess I am waiting for the name to "feel" right and thus far nothing has settled, or at least nothing that Phil and I can agree on! I loved Grady but he is adamantly against it. He likes Griff but not Griffin. Brock is a bit too 80s for me. And Phil says Roane isn't even a name. Good grief. We'll get it ironed out eventually.

I am feeling good overall. I am working 2 days a week and wear the same scrub top each day. Ha! No more fitted tops for me. Eventually I am sure I will move on to a maternity t-shirt top and wear my lab coat over the belly. Almost there! I still plan on returning to work after this babe and while that still gives me anxiety thinking about juggling a newborn, nursing/pumping and 4 kids at home, I am trying to be positive and not dwell on it too much.

My hips hurt but that is due to our bed not being supportive enough, ie: too soft. I am very much looking forward to reclaiming my body after this sweet babe is through with me but I know that will be a long time coming with nursing and whatnot. But there is a bit of satisfaction knowing that this is our last baby and I won't be going through the physical pains of pregnancy and delivery again. Bittersweet but I am at peace with our decision to call this "the end".

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Calling "the end" is bittersweet indeed. Its comforting to know you'll never have to do the bad or uncomfortable things again, but its so sad to know this is your last tiny little baby. I'm still sad about it and my baby is 16 months! You look great though, keep on going along and pretty soon you'll be done!

Anjane' said...

I LOVE the name Brock. Probably not what you want to hear, but wanted to throw my opinion in there anyway. ;)

Marrdy said...

You look fabulous for having baby #5!! Tell Phil that I have a nephew whose name is Roan. It's a nice Irish name and he is a cute little bounder. I am so excited for you and send my empathy for the remaining time and your poor hurting body!

Nate and Lori said...

What a fun post! You look great!! We have such a hard time choosing names too and I tend to like 1 syllable names too. I can't believe that you are almost done. I still feel like I am just beginning. And go you for working 2 days!! Its not an easy thing to do while pregnant.