Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 2013: 10 on 10

One photo, every hour, for 10 hours, on the 10th day of the month.

Today preschool was at our house. We have been on winter break the past two weeks and the kids were very excited to have school today. We learned about the letter "R" and make rainbow bracelets, rainbow "r" and rock friends. They had a great time and it was a fun way to pass our morning.

Photobucket

Caught these two playing footsies while eating lunch. :)

Photobucket Photobucket

There were too many cute 11 o'clock shots so I included my favorites.

This is the play house the kids got for Christmas. Phil nestled it in the corner of our back yard behind the pomegranate tree and other bushes. Gives it a fun woodsy feel and the kids love it! We had Byron and Nora over earlier this week and I overheard them call it "the clubhouse". So cute. Today all five of them were crammed in there. And a bit later I heard Byron say "Max, let's go to the clubhouse!", and they ran off to do boy things.

Photobucket Photobucket

Our final product. My kids call all rocks "tweasures" (treasures).

Photobucket

After our friends left we rested with some Curious George and cars.

Photobucket

I made a quick decision to run to Hobby Lobby to buy some fabric for Max and Kate's room. It was quick and yet it was still a bit hairy. Too many grabby hands, the cart is way too small and the store is full of breakables. And today it was swarming with blue hairs. Oy!

(How funny is this that it looks like Rhett has a rockin' mullet? Haha! Rest assured it is Kate behind him.) Good for a laugh though. :) If I ever let that happen, someone slap me.
Photobucket

We hurried home and Rhett took his second nap. Max and Kate have been night owls the past few nights, staying up until 10:30pm when they take an afternoon nap! So today we did a trial run of no nap for them so I could put them to bed early. It is now 8pm as I type this and there is silence. Oh happy day! Kate gets irrational and emotional without a nap but we did our best, stayed busy and hopefully it works in our favor.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I played around with the self-timer on my camera. Why I haven't utilized this before I don't know but I am enjoying being able to be in pictures with my kids when I am the only adult around. Plus it kept us all entertained for a good 10 minutes as I ran back and forth adjusting settings and focus trying to get this shot. The kids loved it.

Photobucket

After our mini session I wanted to document the end of naps by putting away the pack n' play that has been living in our closet for months. This is where Kate would nap because they horsed around too much when they are both in their bedroom. Clearly Kate was pleased with my taking her picture. In the first one she is upset that her bear fell down and the second shows her enthusiasm with me shooting while she is throwing a tantrum.

Photobucket

Rhett woke not long after the closet tantrum and we all did Starfall on the computer for 30 minutes while dinner cooked.

Photobucket

Bath time!

Photobucket

I got the kids diapered, lotioned, dressed in jammies, blow-dryed Kate's hair, brushed 48 little teeth and then we read some stories to wind down. This shot isn't as idyllic as it looks. Picture me running back and forth to the camera, hollering at Rhett to stay away from my favorite toy as it sits right at his level on one of the kids' chair, thus hurting his feelings and making him cry, hard. Yeah, one big happy family over here!

Photobucket

Long day but a good day. And it is now 8:11pm and everyone is asleep. Now it is time for some me time.

5 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

haha! That picture of Rhett in the shopping cart cracks me up. Kate's head behind him gives the illusion of a baby mullet. Nice! :) Love early bed times and quiet evenings. Enjoy!

Kathryn said...

love the mullet! And I think I might steal some of your preschool ideas.

Thanks for letting me catch up on your life. I hope you guys are hanging in there!

Krystal said...

Rhett looks like he's straight out of an 80's rock band:) I love it!

Jennifer said...

I think you might need to get yourself a remote for your camera, it will be well worth it. Plus, they're really cheap on Amazon and I love cheap!

Anjane' said...

Seriously, that mullet picture is hilarious!