To follow-up on my "real life" post last month:
We have a new (new to us) car for Phil! Hooray! After much drama and endless shopping we finally got the car we were waiting on and we love it. Buying a car is such a big purchase and I am grateful we were able to find a safe, reliable one in our budget. Goodness, I am thankful that we even had a budget! I am hopeful if not confident that we will have this car through the end of training. Cross that one off the stress list.
Phil is doing a family medicine rotation right now and finds it rather boring. Granted he is coming off of two very exciting rotations and his current preceptor (doctor he is following) doesn't let him do anything. He left this morning and I wished him a good day, his response was that he was off to hold up the office walls, seeing that is all he does, lean against the wall and listen. I know he would enjoy it more if the doctor would actually discuss patient cases with him, put some effort into teaching him something. Regardless, Phil is constantly studying for his exams and we are taking this med school thing one month at a time. We can do hard things!
I have bit off more projects than I can realistically manage with my self-inflicted deadlines. None of them are particularly pressing but I am making some progress. I threw a darling baby shower for my friend Candice with my very talented friend Lindsee this past weekend. I am making a crib bumper for Rhett, repainting a crib, some picture frames and generally trying to make Rhett a nice little room. Redecorating Max and Kate's big kid room; making curtains, some pillows, need to make duvets/bed spreads, sprucing up wall art, etc. I have a Young Women in Excellence to plan, a mutual activity to spear head tomorrow night, 2 photo shoots to edit and deliver, a house to organize, a 1st and 3rd birthday party to throw this weekend, a lovely grandma to host who arrives today and two international guests arriving in October. I am very behind on this here little blog and keeping up with my own photos and...
I have been spotty with boot camp attendance this past week and this morning I don't even remember turning off my alarm, aka I didn't go today. Shame! It is so good for me to go but if I don't get enough sleep the night before then I am ill equipped to handle the darling children with grace and patience. Like yesterday, we all needed a nap!
Max and Kate are back to napping and it is going well. Phil walked in from work one prime evening to a lovely scene: three nakey jaybirds fresh from the tub, a disaster of a house, a frazzled mom wrestling a crying Rhett who didn't want a diaper, Max in full monty meltdown mode. Welcome home honey! It took us over 30 minutes to get Max to calm down from his toddler tirade and that was only after forcing him to get dressed and banishing him to bed where he carried on and on until he passed out from exhaustion. We were both so tired of him yet felt bad as he was doing the whimper cry thing in his sleep. Phil mandated that naps be reinsituted and we have complied. Max especially needs his sleep. He falls asleep in the parking lot every week after church and is the first to crash in the truck if we are ever out running errands close to nap time.
Welp, some dirty bums are calling me, my stinky reminder that motherhood ever awaits me. Potty training will be in our future before the year is out! Here's to a productive day.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather I feel overwhelmed just reading about what you have going on right now....I wouldn't even THINK about potty training TWINS in the midst of all of this! You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile I am going to go put my feet up and eat a package of oreos in honor of you and all your hard work!
Post a Comment