Our ward meets at 1pm. Not a good time for napping toddlers. As the morning wore on it was apparent that a nap was not going to happen for Max and Kate. They were happy and playing so we decided to just go and see what happens. I put out the kids' Easter clothes and we commenced the circus of dressing everyone. Neither of them wanted to wear what I had chosen, naturally.
Before we headed to church I wanted family pictures. Kate was having a tantrum about what shoes she wanted to wear and we were beginning to regret the no nap business. The boys and I headed out front to snap a few shots and Phil handled the shoe crisis.
Earlier in the morning Max wanted to dress himself and he chose his khaki church pants, a plaid flannel shirt and his navy baseball tie. He looked like an 80s high school teacher (plaid flannel, mismatched tie) or a la Kurt Russell from Overboard.
I was going to let him go to church like that since I thought it was hilarious but he changed. Still a handsome fella though.




Rocks are very distracting.



Please indulge my multiple photos of the same scene. I just love my kids, love that I am in the picture with them and each one has adorable faces that must be shared. It took several attempts with the kids but I finally got one of all the kids looking at the camera, I only had to switch out Rhett's eyes on this last one since he was mid blink and out of focus. So, yes. I cheated, thank you Photoshop. But! They were all looking and a little eye swap is nothing.
Pictures done, we loaded up and went to church. We were actually on time! This never happens since the kids usually nap and we let them sleep so we can survive the remainder of the block. We made it through most of the first hour and it was rough. I used all the books, quiet toys, colors, snacks, etc in the first 20 minutes. As the meeting progressed Max was getting more disruptive and defiant. Rhett was fussing and I stepped out in the hall and a few minutes later Phil comes out with a kicking and screaming Max. I take him outside and soon Phil returns with Kate and our bag. Max continued to put on quite a show, he was past his limit and screamed all the way home. I put all the kids down for a nap, Phil returned to church for his nursery calling and I prepped dinner. Disjointed church and spotty attendance. Story of our life.
*********************************
Last Saturday we drove to Mesa for the Gunnell Easter get together. The kids had fun playing with cousins, we enjoyed visiting and good food. I love family gatherings and wish we did them more often. And with three kids to tend to I always leave feeling like I didn't get to talk to anyone. (Of course I visit, but never as in depth as I like and there so many interruptions I feel like a space cadet and can't hold a coherent conversation.)
The kids had so much fun playing and getting loves. They loved the pinata activity. Each child got to swing 5 times, starting with the youngest and the oldest grandchild, Kyle, got to finish it off and break it open.



Apparently swinging a bat requires intense concentration and tongue action.


Candy!

I love that Grandpa Great was on the floor playing with all the kids. They love him.


My kids are so loved. I love our family.




Thank you Andrea for taking a family shot.
4 comments:
Reasons why I am smiling:
a. you referenced kurt russell from overboard.
b. nora and kate could be twins with the low piggies and matching shirts. nora has that cute gray shirt too.
I wish we had more family get-togethers as well. It's always fun to see everyone. I love all of your pictures and love that you keep up with your blog so well. I'm so far behind and just struggle to find the time to catch up.
Anyway, I'm excited you will be on this side of town soon. Maybe we will see you more often!!!
Your description of church wears me out. We barely make it through the 1st hour with just Reese. But then nursery is our life saver...and she flips if she doesn't get to go. I dont think that I realized that you had so much family near by. That will fun to live closer to them again.
Doing a little blog catchup...for some reason this post got me teary, not idea why. One of these days we need to do a cousin get together that involves kids - I want to see these little faces in person!
Post a Comment