Thursday, March 8, 2012

A mish-mash

I have things to write about but am lacking the energy and motivation. My kids got ahold of my Nikon and somehow busted the toggle button clean off. That little button is quite handy, it lets me move focus points, scroll through recorded images, go through menus, pretty much everything. Didn't know how handy it was until I went to use it and noticed it missing. Blasted kids.

That little button that costs $10 on ebay requires the entire back of the camera to be removed and will cost me close to $150 in parts and labor. I am not brave enough to go messing with pricey electronics and am leaving that to the pros. So now it sits at a repair shop, I was told it will take 3 weeks. Three weeks! Don't they know how long that is?! I am almost 2 weeks into the wait and am anxious to get it back. I miss it and miss recording our life. I know that my missing camera is partly responsible for my lack of blogging. It is usually when I have images waiting for me to edit and post that drives me to stay on top of things.
________________

I had a nasty sore throat last week that turned into laryngitis, wiped out my voice for a few days and is now a lingering tickly cough that only plagues me when I want to sleep, why is it always that way? Last night I was up from 11pm-4am; cough drops, water, nothing helped. Not fun and it makes me so grateful that I am healthy most of the time. After a really rough night with very little sleep I woke up with a prayer that I would be a nice mom. We made it with a few mommy and toddler tantrums but ended on a good note.

We worked out in the backyard this evening, raking up all the leaves and the kids loved it. They love to be outdoors and it was nice to work together. They were suprisingly helpful. Max held the garbage bag for me as I shovelled in leaves and Kate liked to use her hands to scoop up leaves and put them in the trashcan. Rhett hung out on the back porch in his bouncer. We will do more tomorrow.

Max has been calling Kate "babe" or something similar as far as I can make out. So adorable. He must have picked that up from me and Phil? Though we usually just refer to each other as mom and dad in front of the kids, "go take this to mom", etc. Who knows where he got it?

We have made it a point to always say please, thank you and you're welcome when talking with the kids. It has definitely paid off and now Kate says "thank you mommy/daddy, you're welcome mommy/daddy" in the same breath. We love it.

I am tired of being tired. Tired of being soft and a bit chubby. I know I need to get active again and my body is actually protesting my inactivity. I am also sure it will help me be more balanced and sane. I have called the nearest high school to see if they let the public on the track during school hours. I haven't heard back from them yet, punks. My grand idea is to go to the track after we have gone through the morning routine and the kids are itching to get out of the house. I can push Rhett in the BOB and Max and Kate can ride their cars around while I attempt to run. This would solve so many problems for me! I can exercise in the morning, let the kids get their morning energy out and then we come home, eat lunch, they nap and I can shower. I should just go and see if we get kicked off campus.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, just go. The high schools in Mesa were always open in the mornings to the public. As long as there's no PE classes going on, I think you're good.

Boo on the cough. I hope it goes away quick.

Brian and Janette said...

I always love a good, picture-less mish-mash! :)

Amber said...

I came across your blog and I love it. I bet you could use MCC track too. The Dobson and Southern ( I think) campus has one. I like this idea and may have to try it out with my little guy.

Nate and Lori said...

Blast! A broken camera is crippling. I always say that if I had to only take 3 items to an island, one would be my camera and my sonicare, of course.

I love Kate's little manners. so sweet. And max calling her babe is pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Im sorry that you're tired! I hope that you can figure something out with your workouts just for your mental health but go easy on yourself too!