I went to the doctor today for my regular check-up. At my last visit we did an ultrasound and they noted that my fluid was a bit low but not alarmingly so, they ordered another ultrasound for two weeks later. Today showed the same lowish level and I now get to see the doctor twice a week for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Non-stress tests, amniotic fluid index scan and a biophysical profile each week with an OB check thrown in for good measure. I am instructed to drink more water than I can hold and ideally soak in a pool up to my neck for up to an hour a day. I had to do this with Max and Kate as well. I asked my doctor if it was something I was/wasn't doing and he tells me it is the placenta, not me.
As long as the baby is moving and grooving and my fluids don't get crazy low then our goal is to get to 36 weeks, anything after that is bonus time. Ideally I would have a c-section on September 27th, just 3 days shy of my due date. I have never delivered a baby past 36 weeks and taken one home with me, let alone a full-size healthy baby. Hopefully we get that, I think we will. Baby is very active and we are both healthy. Here's to 7 more weeks!

12 comments:
Praying for you guys!!
Woohoo! Can't wait to see the bump in person next weekend! :-)
Stay in there little man and keep growing! You are one cute pregnant lady Heather! I am jealous of your belly! (not in a bad way :)) I guess the good part of the extra Dr's visits are that you get to spend a little bit more Heather time- even if it is at a Drs appt- we've got to take what we can get.
If it is not one thing, it is another! Sheesh! Ok, your belly is so tiny!! Are you sure you only have 7 weeks? Any name yet ;)
Totally preaching to the choir here, but healthy babies/pregnancies are not to be taken for granted! Thinking of you in these final weeks and wishing you the miracle of a healthy, safe delivery. You look amazing, BTW.
You look awesome! And your belly is so tiny, round, and cute!
You look so good! Yeah it would be awesome if the little guy would stay and grow to full term and you could bring him home when you come home! Praying and keeping fingers crossed that it will happen!!
Hoping your little guy continues to be healthy and that your AFI stays up in the next 7 weeks. (Didn't realize our due dates were so close..mine is Oct. 1st!) You look great! Hang in there!
We will keep you and baby in our prayers. You look beautiful!
Your bump is adorable!! Can hardly wait to meet the little guy :0) something dr. Mckernan told me when I was low on fluid which I'm not sure if it applies to your situation was to find a jacuzzi or hot tub under 100 degrees to soak in because the bubbling encourages fetal urination which boosts amniotic fluid.
You look gorgeous!! Here's to full term!
Come on baby!
Post a Comment