Saturday, August 27, 2011

2nd Birthday Bash

It started with an idea; browsing the web for inspiration, a plan to simplify for 2 year olds, one very pregnant mama and a daddy who would be in school on their actual birthday. Their actual birthday is not until mid-September. I chose a bubble themed party for the kids since what toddler doesn't love bubbles?

Bubbles also translated into balloons. Here were the invites: blow your balloon up, write the details with a sharpie, deflate and mail. Simple and fun. They looked even better deflated and you could still read all the information and your friends will wonder how you did it.

Photobucket

Circle garland hanging from the ceiling, crepe streamers in the background, fun circles aka bubbles everywhere!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two birthday kids feeling oh so special and big with their juice boxes, a rare treat in our home.

Photobucket

Darling party guests.

Photobucket

I now know they prefer chocolate. Where'd they get that from?

Photobucket

Photobucket

How to entertain 8 two year olds? Balloons and bubbles of course!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Phil used his air compressor to blow up 266 balloons. Yes, really. We blew up the one bag of 72 large and 50 small and it looked like nothing so we ran and got some more for maximum fun and entertainment. The kids loved them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Balloons also entertained the dads.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our lovely guests left we tidied up the house and Phil corralled all the balloons into the kids room and set up their tunnell. More balloon craziness and fun. Then since no one could maneuver around I went crazy and popped over half with a pin. Much more manageable. The rest will slowly "disappear" in the next few days, if they even last that long. 

Photobucket

Our first real birthday shindig and I think it went great! Fabulous friends, food and it was the perfect mix for the kids.

These two crazies agree.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Max and Kate! All those balloons and bubbles look so fun!

How do you get them to still sit in high chairs all nicely? My two year old insists on sitting on a chair at the table like she is all grown up.

Terina said...

Absolutely adorable! You did such a wonderful job!!!

Candace said...

Wow, two already?!! What a fun party!!

JN said...

Wow! They have grown so fast!!! Best wishes from Berlin!

Kami Milliron said...

I LOVE the balloon invitation idea ! I think I might steal it for Josh's second birthday : ) I cannot believe your little's are TWO already. And what GORGEOUS ( and handsome ) two year olds you have !

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

They are so big!! And yes how are they still ok in high chairs! Carter gave that up months ago. P.S. I love your new tv stand. Did you paint it yourself? How are your fluid levels? any name yet?

Heather K said...

Love this idea! It turned out so cute! My hubby asked a girl to a dance once filling her entire dorm room with balloons. He said it took forever but looked awesome! They are such cute kiddos!

The Price Family said...

Such a cute idea! Looks like it turned out great. I cannot believe they are 2 already!

Nate and Lori said...

Cute party! And Im jealous that yours is over! Why is it that it always turns into more work than you expect it will be? The bubbles theme is adorable and the twins are cuter than ever. Can you believe that its been 2 years? Where did the time go?

Kristi said...

I want you to throw MY birthday party! You're amazing!

Leah said...

WOW! 2 already? Loved all the pics..what a great idea! They are so adorable and big! love it!

Brian and Janette said...

Looks like it was a fun day for some really special peeps!

Julie said...

hahaha I love the last picture! They are so dang cute. The party was so adorable and fun and simple. Thank you so much for having us! (well just me I guess) =)

Ryan and LeDawn said...

so, so so cute!!! how fun! you are too cute and those twinners of yours... geesh they are adorable!!! Where has the time gone!?