It has been over a month since I last posted, what the?! Our summer is quickly escaping and I have taken a lazy back seat to staying current with the family blog. So, here we go, be prepared for a plethora of posts. My goal is one a day after the kids have gone to bed.
Way back in May the kids and I drove up to Pinetop to give Phil a quiet house during finals week. It was my first long road trip alone with two toddlers, no car dvd player, a pregnant bladder and lots of apprehension. Pray for the best and prepare for the worst. I packed our Nissan Sentra as much as it could hold with the required baby gear that having twin toddlers requires; 2 pack n' plays, 2 booster chairs, 2 suitcases (theirs and mine), a smallish bin of toys and books from home, bears and blankies, a box fan for white noise, double stroller, etc. Crazy. My mother-in-law remarked that it was like a clown car when I just kept pulling out gear. I like to think she was amazed at my packing abilities and use of space.
The road trip was successful, we stopped in Payson for a potty break and to stretch and pick up a few snacks, just in case I didn't pack enough the first time. (I did.) And maybe because I needed some Oreos to get me through the next 2.5 hours or pavement.
As we were approaching the 4 hour mark I got pulled over 30 minutes from our destination for driving 67mph in a 55mph zone. Blast! The officer was kind and I was in return naturally. He asked why I was speeding and I told him that we had been on the road for almost 4 hours and my kids were getting antsy; just trying to get there already! I also had the car on cruise control and didn't notice the speed change. Regardless, I got my ticket and we were on our way. As I described my encounter to my in-laws I find out that the officer is in their ward. Ha!
The kids enjoyed the change of scenery, playing outside in the cooler weather and the extra attention from their grandparents. We stayed 5 days and came home at the tail end of finals week, though I am sure Phil would've appreciated us being gone through the end. I wanted to come home and have a few rest days before we headed out to California.



Kate was being such a ham during church. She wanted to wear grandma Susan's glasses and they would slip down her little nose. She wore them a good 20 minutes and would go between Susan and I giving kisses and definitely giving the people behind us a show.


Max asserted his big boy status and refused to eat in his booster chair since there was a kid-sized table. Turkey.

Living out in the west valley adds an extra annoying hour (through the thick of town and stop lights) to the trip up north but we always enjoy our stay there.
The day after we returned from San Diego Phil wanted to leave town again. So we went up to Pinetop again for Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed this time having our daddy around as well as his brother Reed's family.
Kate had her first pony tail thanks to Aunt Melissa.



We hit up a local park and explored.

I will never tire of seeing my kids walk hand-in-hand with their daddy.


Proof that I was there and I also wanted a walking picture. Phil's is cuter.

4 comments:
They're ALL cute!! Good job taking the kids by yourself, Mama! Sounds like you had so much fun.
I love Kate's pony tail! So so cute! We can't wait to see you guys!
Yay! Welcome back to blogging! First I just have to say that Phil's walking picture is cuter because you framed his better (sorry Phil) I am impressed with all of the stuff that you have to bring for twins. I always complain with just one and cant even imagaine if it were double. What will you do when there is a 3rd one? Your car will be stuffed.
Kate's ponytail is pretty dang cute.
I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! My favorite picture is of Kate in her ponytail and cute pink tennie's.
Post a Comment