
This little mug was starting to look a little mullet-ish from behind. During lunch today I spritzed her hair and attempted my first trim on the wiggly one. She did fairly well as I danced around her chair wielding scissors while she turned her head to and fro wondering what I was doing behind her.

She has total bed head here with some curl but when it is combed it can resemble Joe Dirt. Not what we are going for here.

Snip, snip!

I must say she looks pretty darn cute! Her hair naturally curls under a bit so it looks like she is now sporting a mini bob.

I like to think she approves though I know that she has no idea what happened to her locks. To her credit every time we do her hair she looks at herself in the mirror, smiles and laughs. She is adorable and we often find her in our room at the standing mirror admiring the cute little girl and talking to her reflection.

On another note Kate had what looked like a little mosquito bite a few days ago. I figured it would go away but over the past 3 days it has progressed to the above, going from one bite to two. We were perplexed and concerned that we had a spider in the house. Then this morning as I was undressing Max for their bath I noticed he had the exact same "bites"! Same place, same leg, everything. Phil vacuumed our rug to hopefully suck up any intruders, I checked their beds and we asked a nurse in our ward about Kate's leg. Neither of them have any symptoms; fever, etc. and we were told not to worry about it.
After naps and lunch I was changing her diaper and noticed that the "bite" was spreading. Then I started thinking, they had their shots just over a week ago and it would make sense since they have the same area and lesion. I hopped in the internet to consult Dr. Google and came across information that confirmed my suspicion. They had the chicken pox vaccine and only 3% of children develop a chicken pox rash (2 lesions only) at the injection site. They are not contagious and have no other symptoms and I am just glad that we figured it out. So now you know.
6 comments:
Everytime I pull up your blog, I hear the same "They are sooooo cute!" echoing through the house. My whole family is in love with your little ones.
Daniel had the same chickenpox vaccination bumps but his appeared a little more than just at the injection site. Totally normal.
Your little ones are so adorable. And I miss our evening walks & talks!
Nice job on the cute little bob on Kate! I have yet to cut Reese's hair. She sort of has an A-line going on with it longer on the sides and shorter in the back. It makes for cute pigtails though so I just leave it. And nice detective work! We go in next week...not looking forward to all of those vaccines.
Good job finding out. I hate not knowing what is going on with my kids. If you see what time I am commenting, its because I have been up googling as well..up with a sick one. Anyway, love her hair, and her big blue eyes...BEAUTIFUL, just like her mom!
Good detective work!
I LOVE Kate's haircut. She looks so cute!
cute haircut!!! my rylie is WAY overdue...poor girl looks like an orphan child!!
Post a Comment