
Well, they've done it. Gone and gotten older on me. 11 months and the countdown is on until the big ONE.

Max & Kate just keep on getting busier. The main milestone reached has been standing on their own. Kate was a pro from day one. She was able to pull herself up and never had any fear about getting down. She just lets go and plops her little tushy down.
Kate still has only her two bottom teeth and I don't see signs of her upper two erupting anytime soon. She continues to bite me when nursing but it is gentle and when it is not then she is removed and sits in "time out" for a moment, which is really just sitting in the corner of the couch either crying or not caring and sucking her thumb. If her dad is nearby then maybe he will rescue her. We try again when she is ready and if she bites again then she is clearly done. Little booger.
She is still a peanut, our little Pip, only tipping the scales at 15ish pounds. She is wearing 3 month clothes and size 3 diapers only because Max is a size 3.
Max cut his lower teeth while we were in California and has wasted no time in moving on to the uppers. We are days away from one coming through. Drool is abundant, he has his moments of fussiness but for the most part is a happy camper.

This picture shows his upper teeth coming in and this was about 10 days ago, they are even closer now. *Edit: We have a tooth!

Max also stands though unlike his sister he had severe trepidation in getting down. He would just stand and cry. Being the nice mom I am I snapped a picture first in this case. I love his face and body stance on the left, pure indignation!
He has finally figured it out and our house is just a bit quieter now. Max is wearing 6 month clothes and weighs about 18 pounds. Both kids are now standing pros and pull themselves up on anything. Knees are becoming calloused as they crawl all over the house and they continue to keep me busy fishing things out of their mouth.

They are eating like pros and we have pretty much moved on from purees, they prefer to feed themselves. We are still nursing 4 times a day and I have tried to introduce cow's milk but they are not buying it. I don't really know what to do quite yet and continue to offer it. They love yogurt and cheese so they are getting calcium and fat in that manner. My homemade wheat bread with strawberry jam is a favorite and they get some graham cracker after lunch and dinner as a treat.
The other day Max woke up a bit before Kate so I nursed him and then got Kate. I sat down to nurse her and Max was playing until he saw us. He crawled right over to me on the couch crying and pulled himself up to the couch. I sat him next to us and gave him the remote to play with, that was not enough! He pulled himself up onto the nursing pillow and wasn't happy until I let him eat again. He had just eaten! They both know what I am doing if one is nursing and not the other. If I start nursing without one of them whoever is not nursing is very upset. Silly kids. Makes me think weaning is going to be a struggle.
They understand the following words: eat, cracker, and drink, both when we speak and sign them. I sign "all done" too and hope they know what that means as well.
They only take 2 naps a day and our afternoon is long, sometimes 5 hours before bedtime! I am often left wondering what the heck I am to do to keep them entertained for so long. We read stories, build towers, play "roar" where I hide around a corner and roar and they come and find me. We tickle and snuggle and they have independent play where they don't care if I am doing something else, at least until they see me. Being on the computer is impossible, especially with Max. He loves the keyboard and gets very upset when I am done letting him bang around and put him down.
When Phil leaves for school in the mornings Max will cry and crawl after him. Phil always comes back for one more goodbye, that has to make you feel good knowing you are so loved!
3 comments:
I know everybody says this but....I can't believe that they are almost 1 already!!! Crazy! You are headed for some very fun and busy months ahead. Such cuties!
Wow..where did that year go?! I cant believe it. You are such a champ! Poor little Max's teeth look so sore. I hope they have come through =(.
They are too cute, yes that is a fun stage, hard but fun! Glad you made some friends!
Post a Comment