Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chop Chop

Pardon the absence. Phil has been comandeering our main computer which houses my photos. Every night the boy has been slaving away on my behalf creating my new photography blog (coming soon to an internet near you!) so I can hardly complain. And during the day I have two little crawlers who command my attention, so... that is my excuse. Enough of that. What you really want is a few pictures, right? At least I know of one Grandma who wants some eye candy.

Max got his first haircut. His little noggin' was needing some attention; he had thick hair on the bottom and behind one ear his hair was poofing out refusing to lay behind his ear, not to mention the sparse hair in the back where he rests his little head. It was time. We recruited his Aunt Melissa to do the deed and it was a 3 man job; one to cut, one to hold and of course, one to document the occasion.

Behold, the transformation. (Copious amounts of pictoral documention follows, of course).

Photobucket

Does he look scared? Worried?

Photobucket

He did well. I thought the noise would startle him but he was quite content and sat while Melissa buzzed away. There was no way we could have accomplished this with scissors. He is too grabby for that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally he starts to lose it, thankfully not until the end.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So handsome. So grown-up. As I nursed him that evening I was a little melancholy over the loss of his soft locks. I would stroke his head as he ate and now there was a rough stubble. Sad.

And I also went under the scissors. My hair was crying for attention, tired of the ponytail day in and day out that has been my mom uniform since the kids were born and even before that it was my hygiene 'do. Hair up and out of the way, only getting glammed out for Sundays. So, chop chop! Again, courtesty of my dear Melissa. It is nice to have a change though occasionally I wish for my longer tresses.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yes, we want pictures! I love you new do, it looks very nice on you and also looks like it would be easy to style. We miss you!

chad and lemae said...

Still Adorable. We buzzed Ecksen's head when he was about 7 months for the same reasons. I was sad at first but got use to it. His hair grew back fast and much fuller. And Your hair is awesome!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

I LOVE your hair!!! so pretty! Do you like it curly and short? I have to admit that my curls are much better at this length, but it took 10 years to get it past my boobs and I wanted to DIE when I cut that 6+ inches off earlier this year. I prefer it straight only cuz I can go a week with out washing it. ;) Your hair is gorgeous straight or curly! And the little guy is s stud!

Marisa said...

Both haircuts are perfect. I am so jealous of the cute hair... I don't have the guts. :)

Andrea Gunnell said...

Max looks so grown up with his new haircut! I also love your haircut, as I've said before:)
It was good to see you this weekend!!!

Brian and Janette said...

Ah the first haircut...makes them look like little men, huh? Love it! And I love your new locks, too. Very cute!

Nate and Lori said...

I love your hair. So is it harder or easier to do? I'm so tempted to do something drastic to mine. Its been so blahh and the same for way too long. Reese has clown hair...only grows on the sides, but I can't fathom cutting it. Max was so brave to not get scared from the clippers. He looks like a little stud!

The Price Family said...

Your little man is so adorable! You look beautiful as ALWAYS!