

The happy faces that greet me after naps.
Nine months old!


Well, I tell you both to stop growing but neither of you are listening. Obviously.

Yes, his eyes are that blue, no photoshopping.
Max. I love you. You are such a sweet boy and it is so fun to watch your personality emerge. I have been waiting to officially declare you mobile as you have been "crawling" for weeks now, it has been a work in progress. And now it is official. We have a crawler. You have gained speed as the days go by and are getting more coordinated with your arms and knees with a few belly landings for good measure. You easily come to us and are a frequent guest in the office and sit under the chair waiting for us to pick you up so you can pound away at the keyboard.
You melt our hearts everytime you crawl to where ever we are and softly place a hand on our leg to get our attention or lift up your arms to be held. Your dad eats it up, as do I. You still giggle and laugh like a wild man when we eat your belly and you have learned to suck in your tummy so we can't get you and you have started putting your hands on our mouth to stop us. I think we need to listen but you are so tasty.

You are an excellent eater and nurser. We try new foods regularly and so far cottage cheese and green beans remain on the "don't like" list, everything else has been a hit.

Dearest Kate. Where do I begin? I love your spunky attitude and sweet nature. I saw a glimpse of your sass and your dad and I good naturedly fear we will have our hands full with our Princess. Because clearly you reign.

Literally all snapped within seconds of eachother.
We have had a bit of a rough patch lately with nursing and your biting me. Repeatedly. I had flicked your cheek in the past which always broke your heart but it had seemed to work and we have gone a few weeks without a bite. Lately I have been firmly telling you "No!" which also breaks your heart but hasn't been so effective. Today you bit me again just a few minutes into the feeding and I barely tapped your arm and told you "no" and you were devastated. I comforted you and then tried to get you to eat again but you weren't having it. You would stare at my breast and then start crying, several times I tried, same outcome, which in turn broke my heart and my mother guilt was on over drive.
I worried that I had scared you from nursing and I do not want it to end until you are one. I stopped trying to get you to eat, and decided to just let it be, relax and show you lots of love in hopes to make you comfortable again. The rest of the day went okay and when you come off I just wait and let you take the lead. Although you can be tricky and open like you are going to latch only to bite me. Little booger. You keep me on my toes. ** I think we have it figured out. Seems you don't want to nurse tandem for whatever reason, so solo it is.**
Other than that you are still the most charming little pip squeak. You love solid foods and eat just as well or better than Max. You love LOVE your sippy cup of water and will steal Max's. I actually have to ration your water and make sure to only offer it after you have nursed and eaten so you don't fill up on nothing. You are so tiny you need your food!
Your hair is growing in all crazy and sticks up in the back. Your cowlick still rules in the front and my repeated efforts to comb it to the side are in vain. Only time will tell.

Again, so many emotions in such a short amount of time.
You can sit well but prefer to lay down when playing. We are working on that but you usually win. You have perfected the army crawl and also reach out to us when we are near. We are officially wrapped around your finger.
We went to the doctor yesterday and here is the latest:
Kate: 13 pounds 14 ounces, 26 inches long, 3%-5%
Max: 16 pounds 9 ounces, 26 1/2 inches long, 7%-9%
In summary, they are both little but given that they are preemies, their adjusted age of 7 months, they are meeting milestones and are healthy and happy we are not to worry. And we don't. We just love them to the moon and back.
8 comments:
so cute!
I can't believe how big and grown up they are getting! Caleb of course is huge but is content being stationary, no signs of movement yet, but I'm ok with that! Having two mobile will keep you on your toes for sure!
in love! I just want to pinch all that chunky goodness and yummy cheeks! That 2nd pic of Max reminds me a LOT of Ness!
Grandma Nay sure misses all of you!You have grown already! XOXOXOXOXOXO love you family!
Awww...the cuteness is too much to handle! Hooray to Max being mobile. That will definitely keep you on your toes. I think its better though. Kate is such a little peanut. Thats what Reese was at 6 months, and she's super small.
I so wish I was as good at you at this whole feeding thing. I need to start having Reese try more new things. Are you still pureing most things or can they eat finger foods?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW! Just kidding! I love you so much & am so happy that your my girlie! Have a great day with your sweet family! Phil have a wonderful day planned for you? Make it the best ever! We love you tons! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxx
Mom
How come that 9 months goes by so much quicker when they are out of the womb than when they are in it? Still boggles my mind! Such a fun age!
So cute Heather! They are just perfect!
Post a Comment