Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"A state of happiness"

Reading in Alma 40 last night and came across this gem:

Alma 40:12, 23
"And then it shall come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow."

"The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."

This brings such peace and comfort and yes, even happiness to my soul. Why should we mourn our loved ones who have left our earthly side? (Mind you, I say this after 3 years of "healing", 3 years of time to dull the ache). They are free, happy, peaceful. Of course I miss my boy but I rejoice knowing that he is in a state of happiness and resting from all his troubles and care. When we meet again he will be perfection; just 5 little fingers on each hand, one perfect digestive system and two glorious eyes that open and allow me to drown in them. Someday.

7 comments:

Kim said...

What a day that will be!

Anonymous said...

that makes me happy!

Kami Milliron said...

I love that : ) I know that I will get to a point where I am comforted by that thought, but it might take a while. I AM happy with that thought, but I miss them both so much still that I would rather have them here.

Kelly said...

I love this scripture. My father-in-law passed away about 7 months before I met Ted and I look forward to seeing him... in his whole and proper shape and I wonder what that will be. He was stricken with polio when he was very young so someday I guess I'll see him in his perfected state.

Thanks for this, Heather.

Maren said...

i have been without internet forever and am just getting around to checking blogs. congrats on a boy and a girl. that is so exciting. and cute decor for the nursery. you are so creative and talented. now, did you move already for medical school? really, i am way out of the loop. its been about 3 months since i have checked blogs!

Marrdy said...

It's nice to know that the Lord has a plan for us. A beautiful plan where we get to be with everyone we love and miss.

Brian and Janette said...

The key, or trick, is learning how to live in that state of happiness here....easier said than done! You are a shining example of one who is trying. What a beautiful way to call to our remembrances the wonderful promises that are ours.