Saturday, August 9, 2008

Count your Many Blessings

Name them one by one...

In effort to lighten the mood and dispel the doom and gloom that has been hovering this happy little blog I am going to do just that. Count my blessings. For truly, I am blessed. While I share my personal thoughts, feelings and inner struggles with you I also need to remind you (and me, mainly me) that I have a wonderful life. One worth shouting about. If my only (major) trial in life is losing my sweet son and then struggling to conceive another than my life is not bad at all. There are always worse things to be had.

So, let the counting begin!

1. I have married in the Lord's temple for time and eternity to a kind man who loves me, who honors his priesthood, who has goals, who works hard and did I mention he loves me?



2. I have a beautiful son waiting for my return. If I never get pregnant again I will still have Camden and he has fulfilled the Lord's promise of us being blessed with children. How much more blessed can you be to already have perfection waiting for you?



3. I am constantly amazed by the wonderfully kind comments that are left in my behalf. I have made many friends, some I have never met! Thank you for your support.

4. I am healthy and strong.

5. I have an education and skills!





6. I live in a free country that allows me to enjoy the freedoms we all take for granted.

7. I am part of a wonderful loving family on both sides.



8. I have a testimony of the gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that families are eternal. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will come again and that He died for us. I am grateful for my life and the lessons I am learning. I wouldn't change a thing.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a nice post to read. It was cheerful and uplifting! You are special, Heather, and I know you know this! I love you.

The Merrill's said...

Hey Heather, you are amazing. Thanks for your testimony.

Marrdy said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog. You always make me feel like I can go on despite anything. You are able to always bring out the best. Thanks for not going private!! I would have lost your amazing spirit and that would be a tragedy. Take care.

Marisa said...

Thanks for reminding me to look on the bright side of things... although I still hold to the fact that it helps to voice your frustrations and sadness with others. Somehow it makes it seem all the more bearable.

Unknown said...

I blog-surfed into your blog via a friend who links to yours. You have a great outlook on life, and a really warm, humorous, writing style. I admire your faith and determination in light of the challenges you’ve faced, most notably the loss of your son. You’re truly an inspiration. Keep up the great work (in life, and with your blog).

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by David, that was very kind!

Sherrilynn said...

Heather,
Are those your teeth??? Ha Ha Just kidding, I know they aren't. It was so good to see you on Friday at the wedding you are so much fun! We really need to get together and do dinner!

Sherrilynn

P.S. Thanks for the happy thoughts

Sissy said...

Heather its Elizabeth from Colorado, Thanks for this beautiful post that reminded me to thank the Lord for all my many blessings!

Taryn and Sterling said...

What an inspiring post. We all need a picker upper now and then and a look at nasty calc pictures as well. I sure appreciated this post. You are so great.

Chelley said...

I have to admit that I stalk your blog! I love reading your thoughts. You are such a strong and good person and I am continually impressed by you. (My husband is impressed with your recipes!) I hope you know many people look up to you! Have a good day!

Cortney said...

I think we could all do that a little more often! I know all too much how we can get hung up on the trials and not focus on our blessings. Thanks for sharing!

Fowler Farm said...

what a beautiful post. I agree that you have a lot to be thankful for, as do I. It is good to stop every once in awhile to think about the wonderful blessings the lord has given us. Life is so busy and hard that I think a lot of times we forget to be thankful for the little things. You are truly amazing Heather.

Unknown said...

So, i dont really know you, and i dont think you know who i am. BUT im really good friends with ashley (stover).
i love reading your blog. i think you are so strong, and so beautiful. reading your blog makes me stronger and makes me want to be a better mom, wife and all in all just a better person. SO thank you!