Friday, December 7, 2007

Beautiful Sedona


Phil & I escaped on Wednesday for a mini vacation to Sedona. If you haven't been, go! When we vacationed there last year we listened to some time share gig, (to which we promptly said no) and in return we received a free stay at one of their resorts. It was such a wonderful stay for us. We enjoyed beautiful colors, cool weather, gorgeous nature scenes as we hiked along West Fork Trail and fabulous food. Plenty of rest and relaxation included.

Super nice jacuzzi bath tub, of course we had to make use of it! Sooo nice, we need to get one.





We ate at the Cowboy Club Wednesday night, a very nice restaurant with amazing food. Phil & I have never paid at least $20 a plate before and it was worth it! First the service was great; the chef sent out "compliments of the chef", one before the meal was a beef spring roll with balsamic reduction and after our meal they sent out 2 chocolate dipped strawberries. Who does that?!

We enjoyed fresh sourdough rolls and pumpkin raisin bread with citrus brandy butter. Phil ordered the Prime Rib and I the Roast Duck. The grand finale was dessert, Honeysuckle Creme Brulee. Neither of us have had it before though I have been dying to make it at home. Bliss! Can I just say it was a-mazing! Plate presentation makes even the most humble meal outstanding and this dinner was far from humble. As soon as it came out I went for my camera and Phil was like "don't take a picture, that's embarrassing." Um, hello! This is for blogging and the foodie in me was in heaven! Then as he surveyed our spread he said "You've got to take a picture!" So I did. And I must say that we noted several flashes from other diners.


We enjoyed our trip very much and plan to make it an annual tradition. Cowboy Club and West Fork Trail included.

13 comments:

Kim said...

Fun! I really want to do something like this soon. Maybe we will for our anniversary. Glad that you were able to go and relax.

Candace said...

WOW! What a fun, luxurious vacation! LOVE that you got to stay in a resort for FREE!! I'm all about that. I'd love to vacation in Sedona one of these days. We were actually planning on Sedona for our honeymoon....until I got MONO the week before we got married!!!! I was still pretty weak by our wedding day, so we just relaxed and had a "hometown honeymoon" in good ol' Thatcher, AZ. So we never REALLY had a honeymoon. Someday....

Krystal said...

Oh! I LOVE Sedona! It is the most beautiful place in Az. I think. Byron and I spent a day there on our honeymoon. It was great. By the way your hair is beautiful...and I still have my jacket like that too.

O'Loughlin Family said...

ou guys had the exact same vacation that we did a few months ago. We started laughing when we saw the same bath tub that we had in our room. Then the description of dinner made us say "That is the Silver Saddle Club!". You must have used the dinner voucher too, right? How funny. I can't believe that you didn't enroll in the $50,000 time share program.

Kristi said...

I haven't been to Sedona in years! Thanks for a great quick vacation idea! I'm sure that'll be our style next year at least!

Christi said...

That looks so pretty! I'm jealous that you got to go. Fun fun!

Nate and Lori said...

I'm a huge fan of Sedona. My husbands parents live in Camp Verde, which is about 20mins outside of Sedona. So, we've been spoiled with a lot of Sedona fun. We're going to have to same some $$ for that restaurant though., It looks fantastic. Especially the creme brulee...

And I'm with Krystal...love the curly hair!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Heather you look great, and so does Sedona and your food! Free is my favorite way to do things.

Maren said...

oh my gosh heather, we stayed at the same resort a couple months ago. isnt that jacuzzi awesome? we enjoyed it too. love all the pictures and you look absolutely stunning in the picture of just you with your hair down.

Marisa said...

What a great vacation! It is so beautiful there... you are both so adorable, and yes, Heather I would definetly have taken pictures of the food too.

Kelly said...

i've BEEN there! i LOVE the cowboy club. not at ALL what i was expecting, do you agree? ... if you ever get the chance, you HAVE to do a pink jeep tour. was there snow on the mountains when you were there? they got some serious flooding this weekend.

Miss Niss said...

how fun for you guys!!! definitely one of arizona's beautiful spots!

Mandi said...

Nate and I went to Sedona on our honeymoon and it was fabulous! Every night we stayed in a different hotel and they have some nice ones there! It's close, gorgeous, and very fancy! This post made me think we need to go back for a weekend getaway! That's so funny about the food pics too - I wouldn't have been able to resist either!